I watched it tonight, and have some thoughts (Spoilers)

A CIA officer finds himself the target of a rendition operation after being scapegoated for the death of an interrogation subject. Dermot Mulroney plays the lead, and Jason plays another agent.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

I watched it tonight, and have some thoughts (Spoilers)

Post by thunder » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:53 pm

It's not going to be a very long analysis, but since rented it, and I have seen it, I thought I should write a few words while the memory is fresh.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!

It's a agent against agent kind of movie. Jason and Dermot Mulroney are old veteran agents who are interrogating a suspected terrorist as a part of a CIA black op. Jason's character suspects that the man they are interrogating has been set up as a part of a dirty deal kind of thing. So they decide to abort their mission, because they don't want to be a part of it. And I don't think I should write any more, because I'm going to spoil too much.

Jason has decent screen time, I think probably ca. 15 minutes. I think he did great, playing a CIA agent on a very questionable mission, but he has decent values. He's not an antagonist in this.

There were lot of shooting and explotions. Considering the ending, they are planning to make more of them. It looks like this was just a set up for a long series of movies. That's probably why a lot of people didn't like it, there was no conclusion to what turned out to be the main plot. I didn't have very high expectations, but I thought it was OK. It wasn't boring.

Funny, though... since it's 4th of July today. Jason plays a patriot in this, while Mel Gibson is a bad guy.

Anniemouse

Re: I watched it tonight, and have some thoughts (Spoilers)

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:49 pm

Did this get a film release in the end.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:09 am

Yes, I rented it through a legit channel. So it has been released, even in Norway. Only on digital platforms, though. I think maybe it had a very limited theatrical release in the US?

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:00 am

So is this movie classed as a hit or miss as I do not understand the new digital releasing system.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:17 pm

I don't understand your question?

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:40 am

Did it just get a theatre release in the US, or is there plans for other contries.. The many different ways movies are relased now confuses me.

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:06 am

I don't think it had a theatre release anywhere else. Not that I know of, at least.

Return to “Agent Game”