MTV Interview with Mr Jason

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:51 am

Whoa, OUR OWN TAVIE! :adore :adore :adore I'm feeling quite faint... Someone... catch me...

Actually, in the above article I believe JI said that he would be in a moving portrait, but he didn't say as Lucius. I think a fair bit of the important stuff happens in Dumbeldore's office in HBP, so maybe he is a portrait of a past Headmaster?
Either that, or maybe he is in the Daily Prophet as I'm sure someone as illustrious - and devilishly sexy - as Lucius Malfoy going to prison would definitley make the news, and since it wasn't mentioned in the last movie, it would be a great way to emphasize that point in HBP.

Just a thought, anyway.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 am

Well, I haven't read HBP, but I really want to watch the movie just to see the scene where he appears in a moving portrait on the wall.

I hope our beloved Jason gets more screen time in the last Harry Potter movie.

*fingers crossed*

~me
Last edited by Angel Tavington on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Cissa wrote:Whoa, OUR OWN TAVIE! :adore :adore :adore I'm feeling quite faint... Someone... catch me...

Actually, in the above article I believe JI said that he would be in a moving portrait,
but he didn't say as Lucius
. I think a fair bit of the important stuff happens in Dumbeldore's office in HBP, so maybe he is a portrait of a past Headmaster?
Either that, or maybe he is in the Daily Prophet as I'm sure someone as illustrious - and devilishly sexy - as Lucius Malfoy going to prison would definitley make the news, and since it wasn't mentioned in the last movie, it would be a great way to emphasize that point in HBP.

Just a thought, anyway.
WOW! He's a portrait, but not neccesarily Lucius. :scratch Maybe a past Malfoy relative who was a Headmaster at one time.(Heck, if Sirius Black is related to nearly every Slytherin, then the odds of Lucius having a relative who was a Headmaster is just as close. Donchathink? ;-) )
~M'L :cool:

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:54 am

Exactly. Or maybe even as an unrelated Headmaster? For myself, I think JI looks so damn different in every role he plays, that if I didn't know his face so well, I wouldn't know it was him if I didn't read the credits.

When I rented Brotherhood, I got halfway through the first episode before I recognized him. :dunce(in my defence, it was fairly early in my crush, and I hadn't yet seen him in any roles other than Lucius or Tavington). So I wouldn't be surprised if he is a past headaster in the movie, and I completely miss him!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Cissa wrote:Exactly. Or maybe even as an unrelated Headmaster? For myself, I think JI looks so damn different in every role he plays, that if I didn't know his face so well, I wouldn't know it was him if I didn't read the credits.
When I rented Brotherhood, I got halfway through the first episode before I recognized him.
:dunce(in my defence, it was fairly early in my crush, and I hadn't yet seen him in any roles other than Lucius or Tavington). So I wouldn't be surprised if he is a past headaster in the movie, and I completely miss him!
The first time I started watching 'Brotherhood', Cissa, I kept saying, "I can't believe that's Lucius.....I can't believe that's Lucius." :hands
(I made a joke regarding the DEA jacket in one episode: "I wonder if he'd think DEA stands for DEATH EATERS ASSOCIATION. :lol)
~M'L :cool:

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 am

I couldn't believe it either! He's so good at accents, but not just that, also at picking up other people's mannerisms and local jive talk. I'm from Georgia originally, and in Black Hawk Down, he had that southern accent down pat. Now I'm in S. New England, and I have a bro in Providence (No, not Michael, alas!), and so I'm familiar with that accent as well. JI is amazing at it. Makes you think he's lived there his whole life!

Every one in my family is from somewhere else (Europe or other U.S. states), so I grew up around lots of accents, and I used to immitate everyone. Now that I'm here, I've dropped my souhtern accent and picked up a S.New England one. In college, they called me "Magpie", so it's so cool to see JI doing it, too. Except that I could take a few lessons from him!

I love doing the Lucius accent, it's too cool! I have a cat that belonged to my niece before she had to move, that she named Dobby. Everytime I speak to this cat, I use Lucius' voice. People come over and my husband is always saying, "Do Lucius for them, do Lucius!"

Yeah, honey, I wish!!! ;-)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:04 am

"Do Lucius for them, do Lucius!"
Yeah, honey, I wish!!!

LOL, Cissa!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I've got a google-eyed tiger(beanbag body) I re-named "Dobby", because of the eyes. (Not the exact color, but the big, round, sad puppy-dog eyes type. I love tigers.)
I have plans to go as Narcissa for Halloween. Of course,it won't be a magical Narcissa, but I can always tell them I'm doubling up as a "filthy little mudblood."
~M'L(C)

:cool:

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:44 pm

OMG, I was totally into tigers as a kid, plastered my bedroom walls with pictures of them and all. Dobby, my cat, is an orange tabby, sort of like a tiger, except he's got long hair and probably looks more like Crookshanks! He's enormous though; 22 pounds, and trim. He just struts real slow into a room, looking all big and intimidating until he opens his mouth... he squeaks instead of meows! People who meet him for the first time are always scared of him until he does that then they just laugh at him, and that's when I growl at him, "I'll deal with you later!" like Lucius.

Ooh, you do Halloween? I wish I had the energy for that, still. But no, I have to settle for buying my chocolate! Speaking of chocolate... :wheee Time to go get me some!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:22 pm

Me, too. *wavesbye-bye*
Gotta go see if I have time to send that card to my son, and hope he receives it, et al. He's 18 this Saturday, and the last time I saw him, he was 5 years old.
:bawl Ooh! I just got a new can of worms opened up. :-(
~M'L (C) :cool: :hug

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:54 am

D'oh! Thanks for reminding me - my Dad's birthday is on Monday so I should get my rear in gear!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Lotsa October babies! :cool:

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:
Watched the episode of Charmed where Piper accidentally transfigures every male in San Francisco to look like Leo. I wish she could do that with Jason....
HAHAHAHAHA! I wish I could do that...transfigure every male in the world to look like Jason (maybe to look like exactly col. William Tavington)
:stirrer

*bhwhuahuahua*

Back to topic.... Thanks Char. Jason is so unique in that role, it's impossible to picture anyone else as Mr. Malfoy.

~me
About the transfiguring, I would not mind. But then it had to change the different persons personality as well.. I can't imagine a Isaacs like person with the behaviour of a (sorry) hillbilly :roll:

And about the topic - I agree. He is great as Lucius. (and you will notice my weakness for that particular character.. eh.. :oops: )

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”