Computer Problems

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Gillian wrote:I have to admit -- I bought my Mac at Best Buy, but that's only because I KNEW that it was one of the few products I wouldn't any have problems with. Don't shop there otherwise. If I'm in the market for electronics, I'll head on over to Future Shop. Never had any issues there.
I hate Best Buy...I had the biggest problem when I went to change my ipod, and I had a warranty :mad: :evil:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Back on line with my new MAC
Congrats, Grannybear! If your experience is anything like my daughter's, you'll be loving life!!

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:07 pm

In Tampa we have an Apple store. Just Apple products. In and out in no time. It saves you having to go to other stores and wade thru all the other products. I was really impressed. Salesmen was right there to answer questions. With a handheld computer he rang up the sale without us having to stand on line and it even printed out the receipt. That's service.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Sorry I forgot to log in. whoops

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:48 pm

Keep your fingers crossed that all is OK now. No more nervous breakdowns. HaHa.
I've owned two and never had a problem.
Trust me, you'll wonder how you ever managed without. :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Back on line with my new MAC.
Heeey, I envy you, grannybear! :hug
I want a MAC but it's so expensive here. I'm trying to save money to get one.

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:12 pm

I know it was more expensive but after what I just went though with the old one, it's worth it.
The only thing is; my daughter says kindergarten kids can use them. So if
I have a hard time adjusting I'll feel awfully stupid.
Can I blame it on old age?

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:26 am

The only thing is; my daughter says kindergarten kids can use them
Damn! :shock: Now I'm feeling dumb...LOL! I don't know how to use a Mac!

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Can I blame it on old age?

Comes in handy, don't it? :furthermore

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 am

Hiya Grannybear, you'll have to let me know how you like your Mac. While I was away from the board for a couple of months, our pc bit the dust, and since DH has his own laptop-notebook-whaetver, I decided to get one of my own that just does what I want it to do, and nothing else, figuring I can handle that, right?
I got an Aspire1 by Acer, and so far, it's pretty good, altho I've only had it for a few weeks. But nice and easy. I guess time will tell how it holds up. I'm learning how to do things like playing downloaded music - I got Jimmy Buffet on now. I know, I know, but for me, this is HUGE! :woot

Now, I just need the 8-year-old kid next door to come over and install a screensaver for me... :oops:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey Cissa, Love Jimmy Buffett. My grandson gave me a 4 CD collection of his music for Christmas and I think I've about worn it out.

I love my Mac. It works like a charm. After all my troubles with the last PC this is perfect. It's a bit different but nothing really a problem. It's got a lot of good features. The best thing is you don't have a virus protection program that always has to be updated. Everything was all set up. Just plug it in and do a couple of minor things and it was set to go. Love it. Glad to be rid of Vista.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Glad you're enjoying your new computer, grannybear. Mac's are fairly intuitive, so there's not much of a learning curve, plus things are FAR less likely to go wrong.

If you do have any questions, though, just fire me a PM and I'll be glad to help out.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:48 am

My grandson wanted a new computer for HS graduation. And he wanted a Mac. Gave my daughter our joint credit card and told her to get him a good one.
Well she did. A $1600 Mac desk top. It's beautiful. A really, really large screen and a wireless keyboard. It seems to just float. He'll keep his old laptop also so he can take it with him whenever he's out and about. Sounds like he's starting his own computer center. He'll be starting college well equipped.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:30 am

What a kind and generous grandmother! Are you still having fun with yours??

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Still love my Mac. Best computer I've had.

Return to “The Bitch Box”