The 'real' Wicked Stepmother

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Mistress

The 'real' Wicked Stepmother

Post by Mistress » Sun May 31, 2009 2:44 pm

I haven't seen my father or his wife for a couple of years now after a very big fall out. Today my stepmother was infront of me in a super market pay queue and I was helping my best mate, who when I was younger was my first real boyfriend and my dad and stepmother had met him. I didn't say anything or look at her because I was scared of the reaction or a scene. Plus she had my little half brother in the trolly. So I was packing some things into bags when suddenly she appeared right in my face and lowered her voice, so much so that I couldn't hear her at first and tried to be the better person by using some manners and said 'pardon'. She then went to say how bad I was for not smiling and saying hello to her and then stormed off into the cafe. Luckily my best friend pointed out that the altercation was far from my fault and she only did that out of spite, plus that she was a hypocrite as she didn't smile and say hello to me.
If anything it was all highly embarrassing :oops: but I take some comfort in the fact that I was not to blame. I dread to think what she will tell my father as the family have a habit of twisting stories. When I told my mum she said that she wouldn't have blamed me if I swore at her, children or not, however she did add afterwards, "Who is not even eighteen yet and who is the adult?"
My paranoid self told me that she waited in the cafe to see if I would follow her. Luckily when we walked passed my mate's father had joined us so nothing else occured.
Plus my dear friend never swears! After she had gone he actually said exactly how her tone was to me. I was also with my mate's sister, who's little boy refuses to sleep through and she was quite horrified into silence also and didn't understand my stepmother's repetition of the word "Sad, very sad."

MM

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun May 31, 2009 3:24 pm

It IS sad that this woman appears to have taken it upon herself to deprive your dad of a relationship with you. Since she's already established a precedent with you, I quite understand your reluctance to initiate contact with her; she also had no way of knowing whether you'd actually seen her.
:hug

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sun May 31, 2009 4:28 pm

Geez, M. I had no idea.
Some people just make it hard for everyone else when they act like that.
You've got our undying support, sis. :hug *kissesM'scheek*

~ML *youreinourprayers*

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:59 pm

The first argument wasn't her fault. But the other stuff like my dad saying I have to apologize to the whole family including her for my 'attitude' and 'distance' was partly as I had done nothing to them or her. Shockingly she did look like she was about to cry/to punch me/ and angry all at the same time.
I thought about sending a letter to my father to tell him to keep his wife under control or paying him a visit while she is at work, but at the same time I don't want to cause more trouble or see him or her again. They're like in my past and can stay there and leave me alone :bat
Plus I had to be so careful who I told. I only told my mum because my grandfather would have said I should have 'gobbed her one' and then gone to do it himself with the argument "I don't hit women, but I can't actually tell what she is."
MM

Sandman

Post by Sandman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:33 pm

I am so sorry. I myself had a stepmother that... well... let's just say we learned to tolarate each other. But all I can say is that I am really sorry.

Sandman

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Mistress wrote:The first argument wasn't her fault. But the other stuff like my dad saying I have to apologize to the whole family including her for my 'attitude' and 'distance' was partly as I had done nothing to them or her. Shockingly she did look like she was about to cry/to punch me/ and angry all at the same time.
I thought about sending a letter to my father to tell him to keep his wife under control or paying him a visit while she is at work, but at the same time I don't want to cause more trouble or see him or her again. They're like in my past and can stay there and leave me alone :bat
Plus I had to be so careful who I told. I only told my mum because my grandfather would have said I should have 'gobbed her one' and then gone to do it himself with the argument
"I don't hit women, but I can't actually tell what she is."
MM
Sounds like you've got a more mature outlook on this sitch, MM. :hug
{That, and you sound like you've got a bit of Caffee in ya. ;-) :hands}

~ML :cool:

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:38 am

I thought that too. It turns out only a very scary great aunt, who I also avoid well just because she scares me, agrees with how I handled the situation and said I was quite right. However my mum thinks that because the story will be twisted anyway, that I should have reacted as badly as possible as that is what will be said anyway, called her some names and then told her where to go. I told her that I have a clearer conscience knowing I didn't start it and that she didn't get what she wanted.
My great aunt also added that she was a bully as everyone knows my mate would have never got involved, but when she saw me with his father she left me alone. A wise decision as my mate's family treat me as part of their family.
Victory to the Malfoy family! The women don't go causing a scene in the book shop and hitting each other with books. We do things better.

MM

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:43 pm

"Who is not even eighteen yet and who is the adult?"

Mistress, your mum had it right; as do you: "I told her that I have a clearer conscience knowing I didn't start it and that she didn't get what she wanted."

Keep on the high road. You'll never go wrong in life.

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 pm

Keeping the Lucius superior expression! I can still look down my nose at people who are taller than me!
MM

Return to “The Bitch Box”