Not really something to bitch about...

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

SaraR

Re: Not really something to bitch about...

Post by SaraR » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:22 am

Eh well, it doesn't mean I'm going to cave and be all nice and say SURE let's hang out a bunch! If worse comes to worse, I can go to the Field Museum with him, but the AIC is mine. Plus, I need to shoot video and photos, and I really don't feel like having to worry about someone else's crap.
I'm almost over my anxiety about someone else I'm going to see, and hopefully that will even out by next week. It does sound like this trip is a walking disaster waiting to happen, but I'm very much looking forward to it. There's just a lot of random stuff coming to a close or new beginning in one place, and it's... obviously... pretty stressful.

Bleh.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Well, Sara, if you're anticipating that "this trip is a walking disaster waiting to happen," then that's how it will turn out. Only you have control over how you feel. If you want this to be a solo outing, then let this friend know that this is "me time" to be by myself or to figure things out or (fill in the blank). Suggest getting together with him the next time you're in Chi Town. You have control.

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm

I think things are going to be okay now... I've done a lot of soul searching and decided it's okay for me to just tell people to piss off, and do what I want to do.
I'm really looking forward to this trip, even with Chicago weather, and whatever happens, happens.

I just hope my dvd comes... I've been waiting for it since January 7 and when I emailed the guy who sold it to me, I got no answer... but it's the weekend so who knows? Grrrrb.

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Well, for anyone who wanted to know, my trip was a lot better than I expected it to be. :)
The train ride was... very long... they ended up rerouting the train TO Chicago, so we went on the slow route, and instead of 8 hours it was 13. I was mentally and physically exhausted, and ended up getting to bed around 4 am Thursday morning. The show I was there to see was supposed to start around 6 and ended up starting at 7, and well... I didn't get back to the hotel until 10 the next morning...
I can't complain though, amidst the snow and yuck of Chicago I made new friends, saw some old ones and finally got to see someone who is very special to me. I also got to find out I'm a lot more special to him than I thought, so now I'm just home wondering how I will make it another year and a half until my masters degree is finished before I want to gtfo to Germany...
If that will even happen... it's a huge move, but I really think it's going to happen. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Chicago, Sara! :hug

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Sara, it looks like the snow didn't ruin your trip. Glad you were able to have a good time.

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm happy to see things turned out well for you despite the train ride! Was it 13 hours back, too?

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Aww thanks everyone :)

Well, the ride back was goofy. We got stuck at Union Station longer, the train left about 5:30 pm instead of 2:45 pm, and then we got stuck maybe half an hour outside Kansas City and were there for an hour and a half waiting for them to clean up a train derailment, nothing serious though. I was pretty worn out when I got home at 4 am last Sunday, and admittedly spent the majority of the day, after I woke up, blubbering.

I never thought I could miss someone so much... It was funny, all the anxiety I had over seeing him again evaporated immediately, and it was just absolute heaven.

The snow did make it rough to want to get out and be motivated, but I survived. I do hate taking cabs though... I don't mind spending the money, but I hate having to rely on other people for transportation. It felt so nice to drive to see my friend after I was home again... I can't even describe... ::rofl

Return to “The Bitch Box”