Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

ibelong2me

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Post by ibelong2me » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:50 am

Now sadly we already know there ain't much Lucius in this...or if infact any at all! Yet, there is still some good news...for me anyway, lol. They intend to come back to Gloucester Cathedral to film part of book 6 so I shall try and walk past the Cathedral to and from work when ever possible to keep an eye out for anything and anyone! Sadly I missed the open auditions in the city for various bit parts but apparently you had to be under 18 - I bet I could pass for under 18!! ;-)

Shall keep you guys posted!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:05 am

How exciting!! We'll keep fingies crossed!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:00 pm

Excellent! Our very own man on the scene! (... or woman)

Rose (being lazy)

Post by Rose (being lazy) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:34 pm

Walked past the cathedral today - no signs of anything, but with Christmas coming up I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We need it to happen between Jan and March because that is when my job contract ends! ;-) lol!

So won't report again until 2008 unless I do unexpectantly bump into Alan Rickman or something!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:13 pm

unless I do unexpectantly bump into Alan Rickman
Now that would be a nice bump!!!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:41 pm

:adore

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:52 pm

Double :adore

ibelong2me

Post by ibelong2me » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:19 pm

From thesnitch.co.uk:

Alan Rickman was interviewed recently regarding his new film, Sweeney Todd, and discussed Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, mentioning that he would begin filming the sixth installment at the end of January.

QUESTION: How did your work schedule play into the next 'harry potter' film? Did you go from one to the other or did they overlap at all? I know that in 'half-blood prince' there's a lot of Snape and so i would imagine there's a lot for you to do in that film?

RICKMAN: Yeah, but they still have to get inside a certain period of time. I do seven weeks. I can't even remember when we shot the last one so I think - we shot 'Sweeney Todd' this year - it was over a year ago that I did 'Order of the Phoenix'.

QUESTION: So you haven't started on the next one?

RICKMAN: They're doing it already. I start at the end of January.

QUESTION: Without any spoilers this film does have some Snapes' big moment.

RICKMAN: Well that's a spoiler, isn't it.

QUESTION: Are you looking forward to that without saying what it is?

RICKMAN: Well, the only thing that I'll say is that for the first time shooting those films I know what I'm doing and why.

Right, shall be on alert from the end of Jan then! ha ha! Didn't I say!

Your guys posts made me smile! ;)

ibelong2me

Post by ibelong2me » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:26 pm

I have been having computer problems again - now have a new laptop! have returned with pressies thou, enjoy the following photos from Gloucester Cathedral:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/ ... G_0100.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/ ... G_0094.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/ ... G_0089.jpg

Mugglenet has more taken by someone else. I shall try and take photos tomorrow if anything interesting is happening during my lunch break!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:38 pm

God, he sounds so grumpy, doesn't he???
Thanks for sharing, mate--we'll hold our breath!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Hmm, he sounds like he's still in character.

Thanks for the photos, IB! Can't wait to see more!

ibelong2me

Post by ibelong2me » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Harry Potter has left the building, *sniff* :-(

Have lifted this from my blog - I realise there are a number of HP fans that might be interested despite the obvious lack of Mr Malfoy.

The first of two days of filming came, Thursday, and surprisingly quick paparazzi had managed to snap Professor Snape and Ron Weasley on day one! I didn’t see anyone or anything…not for want of trying! If I had known Alan Rickman would have been there just this one day I might have made more (of an exhibition of myself) effort. Was going out that night and did have a few hours to wait around town, but it just felt so wrong to be hanging around the back door surrounded by mothers and their babies/toddlers and the paparazzi.
Did not find out he would be there one day only until Friday lunchtime, having just missed seeing Daniel Radcliff by mere seconds!!! I could say something (like the cast had fish and chips for lunch) but it might come across slightly stalkerish. I hasten to add that I chased no one and bribed no one…though I did talk to a few of the mothers and security guards trying to find out info. The security blokes were really friendly, and if rumours are to be believed the main cast had all made a pact to avoid signing autographs etc because of the paparazzi being such a pain in the..., well you get theidea! They did all have stupidly long lenses etc, amusing when I looked at my little digi cam though did point out to my friend (who was totally into fangirling of the film set by the end of the Harry Potter two weeks!) size was not everything! Yes, I did not fangirl alone – it is more fun to have someone to share the experience with after all! Also, if one needs help taking photographs – such as creating a distraction or making it less obvious you are being that geeky and taking a photo of a road sign...

My last day was not a total loss for I did get an interesting photo of a Hogwarts backdrop used in one scene they did that morning:

Now the following information was taken from local newspapers and therefore should be treated with a pinch of salt. Looking at their spelling and grammar it is wise to do so, so bad! Apparently walking sticks were taken on set, for Ron maybe? Potions were being made out of ‘Covent Garden’ soup with various colours of food dye. The cast involved, that I am sure about, include Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, a stand in for Draco Malfoy (never heard or saw the actual actor), the Weasley twins, Ron, Harry, and a cast of extras. One news report mentioned that a certain someone’s funeral was partly being filmed too (they even mentioned the name but I don’t want to risk spoilers!) which was a surprise. No Hermione scenes, but Lavender Brown was here…so Ron kissing in corridors seems a strong poss! Am going to re-read Half-Blood Prince and see if I can peace anything together from these bits.

Photo of the cloisters a day before filming started:

I really shouldn’t be greedy and wish I had been one of the people that bumped into the Weasleys, or had walked past Alan Rickman, or had been given signed photographs or had seen Daniel Radcliff in his limo – am a bit jealous though, guess I am only human. Have been so lucky that they wanted to return at all, and that I just happened to be in a job that meant I could hop over and have a look every day and see it all get set up. Felt really depressed walking past on Saturday and seeing all the vans etc leave. It is now Monday and the large white costume tents were still up, but they were being dismantled on my way home.

Thus, another chapter of Gloucester’s brush with Harry Potter comes to an end, and I doubt they will return for film 7. It was a great experience and hope the film will turn out just as the fans would wish it! I don’t have any expectations this time for the film, as it is not one of my favourite books. Would like a soundtrack as good as the first 4 films, was not so keen on Order of the Phoenix as an overall piece of work.

Hope my fellow muggles enjoyed reading!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Aah . . . so close, and yet so far! Well, you can feel a frisson of excitement sitting in the cinema and nudging your seatmate to say, Oi, I walked past that bit of wall!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:39 pm

The Cloisters look like the scene where Harry gives Lucius back the diary in Chamber of Secrets.

"Mr. Malfoy! Mr. Malfoy!"

Great photos!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:46 pm

I envy your proximity, IB!
Thanks for the pix! The Cloisters look magnificent!

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”