Any other Actors you follow?

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Soule

Any other Actors you follow?

Post by Soule » Tue May 20, 2008 6:05 pm

I just wondered if there was any other actors that you guys follow?

For me alongside JI is a wonderful British actor Richard Armitage, he is a great actor, really nice guy, very much like JI he keeps in touch with us by messages on the forum, and I have also had the pleasure of meeting him, and can confirm he is as lovely in the flesh as he is on telly, he also is very down to earth.

He has appeared in Robin Hood (BBC TV series that airs on BBC America) and some other Brit tv, he also appeared in North and South tv adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell's book by the same name, this was his first leading role, and he acted his socks off.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue May 20, 2008 8:33 pm

How wonderful you got to meet him, Soule. I've had a bit of a crush on Richard since I saw him in North and South. Loved his character and dark, brooding looks and I thought he did a great job with the northern accent.

As for myself, I don't really follow other actors, per se, but I do read Adam Savage's posts on MetaFilter. Most of you will know him from "Mythbusters" on the Discovery Channel, and he often goes there for ideas or to share some of his own.

Check out his posts sometime. He's just as funny and intelligent there as he is on TV.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue May 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Soule,

I don't follow other actors but...Richard Armitage looks handsome, I love the pic!!

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 pm

I don't follow any other actors but I do follow several authors and post on their boards. Among them are John Sandford, Michael Connelly and Elizabeth George (before she discontinued her board). All excellant authors.

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Tue May 20, 2008 10:03 pm

I surprised myself when I thought about the other actors I follow. I won't list them all, but I will say that they are all suspiciously British.

On a completely unrelated note that probably deserves its own thread, I looked up "British people" on Wikipedia the other day and found myself face to face with why I love the internet.

Look at "Notable Britons" on the top right and I dare you not to scoff, laugh, or otherwise react. I chuckled and shook my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:22 am

thanx Funkay, that was more than a bit interesting

Soule

Post by Soule » Wed May 21, 2008 6:33 am

Funkay wrote:I surprised myself when I thought about the other actors I follow. I won't list them all, but I will say that they are all suspiciously British.

On a completely unrelated note that probably deserves its own thread, I looked up "British people" on Wikipedia the other day and found myself face to face with why I love the internet.

Look at "Notable Britons" on the top right and I dare you not to scoff, laugh, or otherwise react. I chuckled and shook my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people
Wikipedia is done purely by individuals on the net. some of those on that list are not the most noteable Brits I would have chosen, considering we have a wealth of history and a lot of prominent characters through our history.

I am hoping you chose to laugh at the celebs that are amongst them and not ppl like Winston Churchill? I do worry when Keira Knightly is listed as one of our notable people.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed May 21, 2008 8:56 am

Um, no, I wouldn't regard Adam Smith and Ikea Knightley as of parallel significance . . .

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed May 21, 2008 9:44 am

I love Ralph Fiennes, Johnny Depp, and Keanu Reeves. :hands ~marilaine :cool: (oh, man. I'm so totally drooling over here. :D )

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Wed May 21, 2008 11:00 am

The fact that Wikipedia is created by random people is one of the main reasons why I do, indeed, love the internet. Of course, if you look up "American people" you get a long list of demographics. Not very interesting. I just think it's really funny that whomever worked on this entry added Keira Knightley as a "Notable Briton." It's just too sarcastic. :monkeybutt

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:18 pm

Most people here know that I'm going through post-partum depression over CBS's cancelation of Moonlight and Mick St. John, vampire private eye, starring Alex O'Loughlin. [sniff, sigh]

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee61 ... deAway.png

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee61 ... Teary8.jpg

Helen

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed May 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Um, no, I wouldn't regard Adam Smith and Ikea Knightley as of parallel significance . . .
Uh, I wouldn't either....

~me

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Wed May 21, 2008 7:28 pm

The other actors I love other than Jason are Alan Rickman and David Wenham...They are the true example of hotties...

There are a few more that I admire, actorwise, but I'm not as obsessed about them as much, lol..
Last edited by DhaniGrrrrl on Sat May 24, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Wed May 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman as far as movie actors go. George Eads from CSI is so very gorgeous I just adore him so much. I just saw Prince Caspian this weekend and Ben Barnes was handsome and wonderful as the title role. I will be making sure to keep an eye out for his movies in the future. That's all I can think of for now.

-Foodie :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:47 pm

I loved Richard Armitage in North and South too.

I also follow Jeremy Northam. He did a great job as Sir Thomas More in The Tudors.

Return to “General Forum”