Pilot Season sought after actors

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Pilot Season sought after actors

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:14 am

most sought after actors for TV Pilot Season: JI in top 2

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/who-are ... ot-season/

belladisordine

Re: Pilot Season sought after actors

Post by belladisordine » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 am

*sighs* I know its too soon to get my hopes up... especially with Case Histories, but... Image

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 am

Kim--in your posting one of the comments left was that Jason hasn't worked much since BH because he's a pain in the ass with producers and writers. This is something I had not heard before. I always read he got on good with everyone. Well, there is always a nay sayer. I don't think he would get as many offers if he was hard to get on with.

I read in TV Guide that Hart Hanson is developing a spin off of Bones. Sounds like a weird charactor with a bit of a sense of humor. Hasn't been cast yet. Sounds like a role for our guy.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Ive never heard negative things about our man on the contrary and he seems to get along with everyone, the person who wrote the comment must be envy or sommething lol

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:22 pm

grannybear wrote:Kim--in your posting one of the comments left was that Jason hasn't worked much since BH because he's a pain in the ass with producers and writers. This is something I had not heard before. I always read he got on good with everyone. Well, there is always a nay sayer. I don't think he would get as many offers if he was hard to get on with.
I'm not a fly and hasn't been sitting on the wall when JI is working, but that comment in it's self is just plain BS. He has been working rather regularly since Brotherhood, just not in an American series. BTW, he had a pilot last year that wasn't picked up. And as you say, Grannybear, he wouldn't have been one of the most sought after actors this year (and last year too, as far as I remember) if he was a pain in the a**. I sometimes wonder about what kind of agenda that people writing these things have.
I have heard him say in interviews that he likes to be involved with discussions about the story and characters, but good directors, writers and producers will just appreciate that...

I occasionally read crazy rumors about him on YT too:
Like he's had a face lift, is actually bald and wears a wig (and dentures!), lives a secret double life as a sexual beast in London's gay underworld. I could name a lot more than this. Some people have trouble separating facts from fiction I think... or they just get a kick out of spreading rumors :roll:

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 pm

I had not read that grannybear, but here is my Opinion, and mine only LOL

When I asked B Masters from BH, if Jason was able to have input into the scripts, he said NO...Jason always likes to have an input into
the scripts, especially if he thinks that his character would not say what is written, or act in a certain mann...we know, that happened alot on BH Season 3 (which I feel was
ruined by the producers=writers)....

I can assume that Jason has specific needs, ie: his family and other projects...I commend him for knowing what he needs and wants and
staying with that... it's his business and livelihood :cool:

agreed thunder. Some of the things I've read about him are laughable....

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Jason has strong opinions and I believe most of the times he was right on. Look at how he transformed Lucius from what the producers originally pictured him.
He also did a lot of directing in his drama school years so I'm sure he wants to voice his ideas. If the producers and the writers thought that he was 'a pain in the ass' because of this, it was their MAJOR loss.

Jason seemed to get along with Hart Hanson well enough.
On a different topic, they are going to remake 'Cleopatra' with Angelina Jolie as the lead. Guess who is a the front runner to direct, PAUL GREENGRASS :shock:

Now we may get to dream what role Jason will fit in that colossal movie.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:24 pm

I would love to see him in a blockbuster, we never know, maybe he will get a role.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

He's overdue.. He should be in line for a blockbuster.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Chari910 wrote: On a different topic, they are going to remake 'Cleopatra' with Angelina Jolie as the lead. Guess who is a the front runner to direct, PAUL GREENGRASS :shock:

Now we may get to dream what role Jason will fit in that colossal movie.
I've been hoping for that since I found out they were remaking it, we can always dream...

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 pm

wow that would be fabulous thanx Char :hug

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 pm

I can assume that Jason has specific needs, ie: his family and other projects...I commend him for knowing what he needs and wants and
staying with that....He it's his business and livelihood
I adore him for that- he stays grounded and doesn’t let the fame get to him at all. I have an overwhelming amount of respect for anyone who puts family first.

And as for that comment...I agree that it's plain BS. Anyway Jason is a busy man and I know for a fact that he doesn't have the time or interest to worry about rumors, speculations or negative comments online. :roll:

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Kim---You're right. Season 3 of BH was not very good. That was probably a time when producers should have paid attention to what the actors had to say. They live with their characters and get the feel of how that person would really act. I don't mean the actor should take over but I think their feelings should mean something.

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 pm

An "Alex" posted this in response to the disparaging comment about JI :
I worked personally with Jason on FOX’s Pleading Guilty last year and can say he is the furthest thing from a pain in the ass imaginable. He was always kind, hard working, collegial with the crew and would even show up on days he wasn’t shooting scenes to run lines with fellow cast mates. He’s a class act and anyone who actually knows him would say the same.
Of course, we all love him, so we'd never be caught dead saying he's less than nice, but I'm sure JI is a decent fellow. I don't know what weight this kind of thing has (his being sought after for pilots), but I'm happy for him, and hope we'll get to see him in something that would make him the star he deserves to be.

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:32 am

if you continue to read down the comments column, here are a few more:

"Amazed at the bullsh*t on the net. I worked with Isaacs on Brotherhood, guy was a phenomenal actor and a pleasure to be around. There were some real pains in the ass but he certainly wasn’t one of them. I only ever saw him wanting the scenes to be as good as they could be, which included helping me to look good. Also the only one whose accent passed for authentic Rhode Island with the crew by the way. As for not working since Brotherhood – check your imdb, he works in England all the time, some of it on a little thing called Potter."

"totally with you on this. jason isaacs is a class act. used to work at his management company (not with him directly) and the man is very popular. people were always wanting to work with him for a second time. what was difficult about selling him was that he’s megasmart and fussy about what he takes because he likes to stay home with his family as much as possible. i hope whoever posted that smear earlier is unlucky enough to work with some of the real assholes out there."

Happy to see folks out there who want to 'right the wrongs' :woot

Return to “General Forum”