Reviews

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

grannybear

Re: Reviews

Post by grannybear » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 pm

I have two VCRs and I can watch a third show. If I miss something I can go to "Prime Time on Demand" and pick it up for the next few weeks.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 am

Man, I wish I could find that much television that interested me. :-|
We recently waded into Netflix ('cause I think I've seen every L&O ever filmed!! --and is JI the last actor standing who's never appeared on L&O? I recently saw Julia Ormond in her SECOND role on one of those, Jeremy Irons was on, and Saffron Burrows showed up a while back). We are almost physically unable to watch commercials anymore, the DVR has us so spoiled.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:34 am

All the shows I like seem to be on at the same time. Hence the use of VCRs. There are some days I never turn TV on.
And you're right Jason is the only actor never on L&O. They say L&O kept the Broadway stage going for years by providing actors with employment between stage jobs. Watching the shows makes me think of the years I lived up there and how much fun we had running around NY.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:25 pm

They say L&O kept the Broadway stage going for years by providing actors with employment between stage jobs.

You are absolutely right, grannybear. Back in the 90s, LA Law was the show that all stage actors had been on. We check the bios for stage actors in the programs to see how many have been on L&O, and how many have been in more than one L&O. Some even list all three shows in their credits! With LOLA (Los Angeles) being canceled so quickly, there won't be any actors with all four shows credited. We always have a laugh about it.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Helen8. There was also one called L&O Trial by Jury. I think that was the name. It only lasted half a season. Jerry Orback was on it for a couple of shows before he died. ALso Bebe Newirth.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:37 pm

grannybear, thanks for reminding me about TBJ. DH likes Bebe Neuwirth, so we watched every ep.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:16 pm

A great review- thanks to twitter:

http://sciencefictionworld.com/tv/scien ... wake-.html

~me

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Cypher? Oops, someone's got their handsome british actors mixed up... Jeremy Northam http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284978/ is in Cypher.

That said, that's a great review! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:21 pm

What, again with the Jeremy Northam??! :loco

Thanks for sharing that, though!

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:48 am

They're confused him with J. Northam before? Although I like him, I don't see how they could confuse them, they don't really have the same casting. Jeremy is more like the benevolent aristocrat or the snarky antagonist. Jason is the kinky aristocrat and the sexy antagonist, :razz .

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:33 pm

I don't see much resemblance besides hair color. :roll:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:45 pm

I just don't get how someone can confuse J. Northam with Mr. Isaacs... :loco

~me

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:I just don't get how someone can confuse J. Northam with Mr. Isaacs... :loco

~me
Two attractive, talented Englishmen, other than that

At the risk of sounding snotty, I don't get how someone who posts reviews about tv doesn't think to check facts before posting.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:26 am

doesn't think to check facts before posting.

Par for the course these days. :bang

Won't let it bother me tho'. Just makes me want to see Jason in Awake that much more. :wheee

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:58 am

..and when one journalist is sloppy about checking the facts, the rest of them are basing their articles on the first one, and they get it wrong too, because they don't think they need to check the facts because they think the first one probably did :roll: So get prepared to read a lot of articles about Awake and the star Jeremy Isaacs, Jason Northam or whatever. They probably spell it Issacs too. :pig

And JI gets confused with everyone male, handsome and with dark hair... Apparently they all look like him... :roll:

Return to “Awake”