CH playing on BBC Canada. Already!

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

CH playing on BBC Canada. Already!

Post by fruitbat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 pm

And I missed it. I rarely check what is playing on BBC Can because I hate that show about cars which is on every freakin' day!

I decided to check out what's on tonight, scanning through all channels on the onscreen guide and I see that they are showing ep 2 at 9pm. I checked out the BBC Can website and can't find anything about it, except for the show's place in the schedule. There isn't even a clickable link to give you a clue what the show is about.

This is typical of BBC Can; what could have been a broadcasting coup, (they are the first North American channel to broadcast CH), is just another show, one deemed less important than Graham Norton and two reality shows about weddings, which are both featured on the home page.

Angel Tavington

Re: CH playing on BBC Canada. Already!

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:40 pm

I will probably never get to see CH on TV here, not even on cable.

~me

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:30 pm

!!!
Well goodonyer for being so sharp-eyed, Fruitbat. Sorry you missed episode one. (If you're a subscriber, fancy sharing your disappointment with 'em??)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:25 pm

fruitbat, BBC America repeats things constantly, ad nauseum, so keep checking the BBC Can schedule. It's bound to show up again . . . and again . . .

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:40 am

Um, I have the dvd. I don't wait for nobody!

My faith in BBC Can, PBS and TVO is so bad now that if I come across a UK series that I find interesting, I post a thread on the other board I frequent and ask for opinions. I did this for The Field of Blood; I read about it in the Guardian on Aug 30, then pre-ordered it on Sept 2. It's on its way!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:53 am

Sorry for the double post: my friend had noticed it was playing on BBC Can (why on earth she didn't call me immediately to tell me is a question for which I will never recieve a good enough answer*) caught both eps so far.

Her review, (as someone who is big fan of tough guy Michael Caffee):

"He's so adorable when he's gormless!"

* Yeah, I know. I could have let her borrow my dvd but she took so long with the last series that I didn't bother.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 am

Did they broadcast it in HD? That would be the only benefit over the DVD.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 am

Char, I don't know, I don't have HD in any case. Plus BBC Can shows each ep in one hour with a bunch of commercials. I've told my friend to wait until PBS shows it.

Return to “Case Histories”