Last Call with Carson Daly

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Last Call with Carson Daly

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Jason Isaacs will be there on Wednesday, March 28:

http://www.nbc.com/last-call-with-carso ... ode-guide/
:D

About time...

fruitbat

Re: Last Call with Carson Daly

Post by fruitbat » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Score!

Thanks, Thunder.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

I'm really suprised Leno hasn't had him on yet, considering all the "Hello to Jason Isaacs" shtick they've unwittingly been playing over the years on his show. I'd have thought he'd be up for dealing with that and be more welcoming to Jason. Guess I'm wrong. I wonder how a celeb gets on those shows. Does the show call the agent, or the agent call the show (chicken before the egg?)? "Tincture of Time" I always say - time will tell who has him on their show and where he isn't. ln

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

Does the show call the agent, or the agent call the show

It's a freakin' NBC show, so he should have been on by now. What are they waiting for? What's up with that network? :scratch

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 am

I wonder about that too... It's great that they put him on eventually, but shouldn't he have been on there a month ago?

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:52 pm

I think Leno has a lot of power. Remember, he had NBC boot Conan out of his time-slot. I've also heard many rumours of Leno insisting on guests not appearing on competing networks if they are on his show. (Now, I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, I'm just adding to the discussion.)

I keep checking the late night page every few days. I do "find" for "Jason" rather than trust my powers of observation. I had no idea there were that many "Jasons" on the talk show-circuit. :shock:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:13 pm

. . . but given the regularity with which his surname is misspelled, that's a safer strategy. :tchuh:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:. . . but given the regularity with which his surname is misspelled, that's a safer strategy. :tchuh:
I actually used his surname a couple of weeks ago to search that page, and was momentarily thrilled when "Isaac Mizrahi" came up. :-(

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

NBC just baffles me. Yes, he totally should have been on weeks ago! No wonder that network is sinking. And why wouldn't a star of a show want to use what ever means they have at their disposal to tout their work, even if it is another network's talk show? That makes no sense to punish them (i.e., Leno- I think that I heard the same thing at some point) if they are just trying to get good publicity for their show. And why would you put him on a show that airs when half the country is sound asleep? (bangs head against keyboard) I'm seriously beginning to think that they really do have hamsters running NBC.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 pm

I've been harping about this on Facebook, twitter, NBCAwake official Board. It maybe too late for new viewers to start watching at Episode 5. They lost the chance. I was so mad when Jason was on The Today Show for 3 min outside in the plaza and last week they had the WHOLE cast of Mad Men inside the studio, Matt Lauer talked to each of them for more than 10 min!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Other talk shows promote shows on other networks, something smells not so kosher here. I sort of get Leno (don't like him, but know his powered politics-he thinks he's Johnny Carson) So Jason's on Daly @ 1 am? People can barely stay awake for Awake. Kudos and thanks to the Daly show though!!! And how about Ellen? SHE's had Dan Radcliffe on like every other WEEK. Feels like in the UK, the hosts were used to Jason's outspoken charms, but here, late night hosts are "king" and they can only stay that way by insuring that their guests don't have as big a personality as they do, maybe they're intimidated by Jason, who is quite charming and has a strong personality (as well as being incredibly funny). Maybe Americans really DO have to get more used to him and his English ways (I know a LOT of people, no one knows who he is, oh yeah the blond dad in the Harry Potter whatever it was-thats the extent of what the people I know are aware of, and that he's wanted to remain anonymous, well then, maybe this is what he wants ??)-what a colossal waste of time. He is what and who he is, accept him and move on;(addessed to American late night talk show hosts) unless there is a conspiracy with Capt. Harper....sorry, the paragraph needs an editor, feel free...ln

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:53 am

One of the best (albeit) short interviews I've seen. Never new Jason considers his left side profile (my fav) his BAD SIDE

Luved that Carson Daly mentioned Brotherhood (when introducing Jason's work)

ROCKIN the SCRUFF :woot

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:37 am

Got to watch it on DVR when I get home today!!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 am

I taped it last night and watched it this morning. It was a good interview. I had expected something live, though, having never seen CD before.

"Bad side"? Image

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:26 am

I recorded the HD version of the show. Man, did he look good! :adore

Yeah, Kim. It was short but good. Deep-fried, battered Mars bar, with salt and sauce. :spew2

Return to “Awake”