Jason will play in Socceraid game May 27th

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Jason will play in Socceraid game May 27th

Post by Chari910 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:11 am

..benefiting UNICEF.

http://www.robbiewilliams.com/news-blog ... r-aid-2012
“Having spent most of my youth watching games from the substitute's bench," said Jason Isaacs, "it's a surreal nightmare to imagine playing alongside some of the world's greatest footballers. However it's such a privilege to be asked to help UNICEF in any way, that my best hope is to take a couple of them out of the game before I'm stretchered off myself. It's for a great cause so how wrong can that be?!"
Go our UK members, get your tix here:
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets%20And% ... aid%202012

Angel Tavington

Re: Jason will play in Socceraid game May 27th

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Will we be able to watch him play? I just want to root for him ;)

~me :woot *teamIsaacs*

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:56 pm

It is normally aired on BBC 1 in the UK so hopefully you will get to see it.

The tickets start at £40.00 which isnt bad for charity.

Roseanna x

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 am

Just received a lovely email from Mr Keith (for those who dont know, he is our resident UK/LONDON Paparazzie...or as he prefers, "SNAPPER"...

"Jason in shorts and Soccer Kit...anyone want pics!! I promise I won make too much fun of him from sidelines"

Thanx so much MR Keith :woot

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 am

Ummm yea - what a dumb question Mr. Keith - of course we want piccies!!!

This is probably an event Keith will really enjoy being at!!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 am

Cool. :cool: We'll get to see him in shorts, again. :wheee :adore

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm

ok, I'm admitting right here and now to having a nightmare, and I don't know if I'm awake or dreaming. About 23 years ago, 9 friends of mine (and 1 husband) all turned 30 , and were all in good shape. Beautiful spring day in Chicago, all went to play 16" softball (exclusive in
Chgo I believe). Of the 9, 1/3 broke limbs (yes, of COURSE including MINE!). All I'm saying is be careful, Jason! It'd be a shame for Jackson to be running around Edinborough in a wheelchair or on crutches. No yelling at me please, being a Jewish mother is all I know, aside from being a nurse-it's a double-whammy ingrained MO. I'm just a super worrier,and think its a great charity, and am thrilled that it's making him happy. So if it's on BBC America, maybe I'll watch through my fingers across my eyes...? and pray alot. So does this mean I'm awake? ln

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:06 am

This will be a great event and lots of fun. John Bishop, who is also taking part, is this fabulously laid back comedian, a fellow Scouser, and has just completed an epic sports challenge for Sports Relief. Can't quite imagine Jason running around a football pitch with him and several members of JLS ... I'm cracking up just thinking about it. :D

Outstanding!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:43 am

Well... Any of our UK members going?
If this was happening in the US, I know I'll move heaven and earth to go. :D

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:18 am

That is one heck of a line up for the "rest of the world" too. LOL. I like how they have the team names split. That cracks me up. You have everyone from Michael Sheen to Gerard Butler to Will Ferrel for crying out loud on that team. {Chuckles} Should be a fun time. Wish I was in the UK to be able to go see it.

~Beth, Michigan

Chari910 wrote:..benefiting UNICEF.

http://www.robbiewilliams.com/news-blog ... r-aid-2012

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 am

Cool.There's a lot from previous years on YT, so guess we'll get to see some of it :D

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks for the hopeful wish, Thunder. I'll hope too.

~Beth

thunder wrote:Cool.There's a lot from previous years on YT, so guess we'll get to see some of it :D

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Where is the petition I need to sign to have the English team streak across the field? What if we raise a certain amount of money for the charity, will they do it then? Cause I could totally do that.. Maybe certain levels? Like.. $5,000 they run across without their jerseys, $10,000 for their shorts and shirts$and $50,000 for for the full monty? ha ha ha.. Oh one could dream..

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 pm

ROFLMAO!! Oh my gosh. With the way things go, they'd probably get hundreds of thousands in donations just to see that. LOL. Not saying they should ... just saying it's amusing.

A comment from Nathan Fillion about if he could buy the rights to Firefly that he'd resurrect it (or something like that) had hundreds of thousands in donations in a matter of days. He couldn't believe it because it was an off hand comment because he knows the network wouldn't sell. So, yeah, fans will do a lot.

~Beth, Michigan

KissInAboxx wrote:Where is the petition I need to sign to have the English team streak across the field? What if we raise a certain amount of money for the charity, will they do it then? Cause I could totally do that.. Maybe certain levels? Like.. $5,000 they run across without their jerseys, $10,000 for their shorts and shirts$and $50,000 for for the full monty? ha ha ha.. Oh one could dream..

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm

I only hope the American team doesn't follow suit.. because.. I may have to remove my brain if I were to see Will Farrel naked.. Him without his shirt is awful enough.. but.. God forbid he were naked at any point in his life.. There are a few on the American Team that alright, but dear Gods and little fish, I'd hope they throw Will Farrel in a locker and break the key.

Return to “General Forum”