E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: E-mails from Jason

Post by ln419 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:50 am

Hilary,
Thanks for sharing, and Jason, thanks for taking the time to write...ln

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Mon May 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks for sharing Hilary. :hug
So sorry to hear that Awake didn't work out for you Jason. I wish you the very best and hope all other future endeavours give you the recognition that you so truly deserve.

Take care of you & yours and thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Regards
RoseannaLara xx

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Many thanks to you, Hilary for posting Jason's latest missive about Awake and his latest projects. :hug

Thank you most of all Jason for keeping us in the loop with what's going on for you. I have loved every episode of Awake since it aired in the US and can't wait for the final two episodes to screen. It is indeed sad to know that the cast and crew won't be together for a second season, but 'them's the breaks' and the vagaries of US network television. ;-)
I love the video portrait BTW. Beautifully done. Not blinking for such a long time really got to me. In fact, I cried when I saw it but have HTFU since then. :D

Keep on plugging away and doing interesting projects. We support your work and endeavours 100%.

Hooroo,
Carole

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 am

Thank you for posting this. :bawl I'm really heartbroken about AWAKE. It was so much fun getting to see those gorgeous blue eyes every Thursday.
THANK YOU JASON! Looking forward to seeing you in the movies again. ;-) (P.S. Noone else made Kevlar look so good. Perhaps, a guest spot on GRIMM? )
YOU'LL ALWAYS BE A HIT WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wheee :adore :hands :hug

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

blisster

Post by blisster » Tue May 15, 2012 10:53 am

Such a lovely and gracious email from Jason.

I can't add anything more that hasn't already been said, but for how much I'll miss "Awake" [NBC SUCKS :mad: /rant].

Marianne

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Tue May 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Onward and upwards I always say! Jason you've done network TV and now you can move onto bigger and better or smaller and better. As always, we are behind all your endeavors, even the monumentally bad ones. You can always count on us to be there, telling the powers that be to take our money and we'll do it with a grin and determination that no one other than another Lost Girl would understand.

Awake has been a fantastic ride. I wish there was an unending supply, but even then the series will go out without having fallen prey to a convoluted story line to which so many before have been subjected. It was and is completely original. We thank you for a great show that probably wouldn't have happened without you. Cheers and we'll see you in the movies!

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Sat May 26, 2012 8:21 pm

It really is a shame that Mr. Isaacs' (latest) American project did not keep its promises. All of us here would like so much for him to be a planetary, nay, a universal superstar! Unfortunately, it did not work... THIS TIME!

His talent, handsomeness and brilliance have been saved for something even better, I'm sure!

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 pm

It's great to read another mail from mister Isaacs so thanks to him for writing it and thanks to Hilary for sharing it.

Being in Europe, I'm probably one of a limited number of Lost Girls who hasn't be able to see it but I trust the judgement of my fellow fans that it was an impressive show. If it does ever get released on DVD, I'll get my greedy hands on it somehow even if I'd be forced to watch it on my laptopt and overestimate my knowledge of the English language and lose half of the story in translation. LOL

Anyway, I eagerly look forward to the next adventure as well, of course!

Lizzie

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 am

We heard from Jason again :wheee :

Hiya,

Thanks for your and everybody’s endlessly kind wishes

The leg was a huge bummer and I have been pretty careful with recovering, thank you, but not to be able to participate in something quite so heady while surrounded by so many of my sporting heroes was uniquely tortuous. That said, it raised £4.2 million for UNICEF and the money gets spent on saving the lives of kids who are having a considerably worse time than I was, so I tried not to feel too sorry for myself. Also, more significantly, it felt oddly appropriate – it seems to be my journey in life to be an observer...where will it ever be more manifest than looking to the world like I was part of training and playing to the entire nation but, actually, as ever, not really being a part of the club and looking in from the outside? In truth I could take pretending to the press that I was training when, really, all I had was acupuncture and icing all week and I could even take standing on the sidelines knowing that if I ever went on it would be to stand there like a lemon for the last minute of the game. I could just about bear being on the pitch and being given a brilliant through ball that, at any other time in my life, I’d have been able to sprint to and might, in my dreams, have scored from. All that and the disappointed sighs of 75,000 people when I pulled up after a couple of strides I didn’t mind. Genuinely. It’s a fantastic cause and, injury aside, a fantastic experience even from the sidelines...It was the damned victory lap that killed me – half an hour of parading the cup to all the spectators while drowning in and being blinded by champagne. I DIDN’T EVEN TOUCH THE BALL!!!!!!!

Still, lots of money, lots of kids living that, but for a bunch of celebs living out their fantasies, might well be dead. Pretty surreal and satisfying equation.

After that I’m off to the UK and almost immediately to come back to Santa Fe to make Sweetwater with Ed Harris and January Jones and directed by the remarkable Miller Brothers. The story of their entry into the film business with their first film, Touching Home, is so absurd and audacious that they wrote a book about it which I devoured in about 2 hours. Should be huge fun, the character’s a real piece of work. Makes Lucius look like Goofy.

Then, straight afterwards, another series of Case Histories in Edinburgh till November. I just couldn’t say no. It’ll be nice to make something with the odd joke after the heartbreak of Awake (and to know that there’ll be an audience waiting for it too!).

Then...who knows? Couple of irons in the fire.

Hope that things are joyous with you and thanks for everything.

Jason x

p.s. A billion thanks for it, but good luck with getting me an Emmy nomination. You might want to take on something slightly less ambitious...peace in the Middle East perhaps? !

He so funny!! ::rofl

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Jason, you are spoiling us rotten!

Do carry on. :cool:

Sorry about the footie. :-( Look on the bright side - you got to meet the short one from JLS!

But congrats on the fantastic amount of money raised for UNICEF. Brilliant stuff.

And it is outstanding news that Case Histories is up and running again (well, it is Jackson, after all, so the running is a given). Cannot wait! Hope you had a fabby birthday too. :wheee

And thanks, Helen, for posting. :D
Last edited by laurielove on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks Helen and Jason. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks Helen for posting! Jason: We're the observers, not you so much. No one would have laid out a farthing (or a dime, depending on geography), let alone 42 M pounds (my computer doesn't have that symbol to my knowledge, or I don't know where it is, since I'm such a computer idiot) to watch any of US - QUICK, someone send Jason a soccer/football, apparently he didn't touch it :roll: .
So, I guess you apparently ARE making Sweetwater..don't read all 5 pages of what's already written, it got silly, I personally apologize for 1/2 of the silliness, and will stay off the new thread (I promise Thunder and Marie-b'li neder-{without making a vow})
As for peace in the Mideast, Jason, I'm sorry- pushing for an Emmy for you seems a much less daunting task, whether or not it happens, and it should. While BOTH situations are political, the phrase "Ha kol b'yidai Shamaim (everything is in God's hands) applies (actually to both senarios), only one we have slightly more control over one than the other-that would be the Emmy.
Hatzlacha (success) with all your endeavors, so glad you're back, we've missed you! Thank you for being the best you that you are! B'yididut, LN

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Wow, what a wonderful way to end the work week! Thank you, Jason! :D Well, as someone who has a poor track record in any sport that involves my two feet- you know- like standing upright ;-) (when I'm on the back of a horse, that's an entirely different story), and who was generally used by her IM soccer/lacross/indoor floor-hockey teammates to fall down in front of the opposing team in order to trip them up in the general on-slaught, I *think* that you were pretty damn brave. Not only did you consider and accept the idea of playing with professional footballers in front of a bajillion people, but you actually gave it a whirl! And you were on the winning team! :cool: Yeah, I know it totally sucks that you got hurt (I'm sorry!) and were not able to play very much, but you partcipated in something really good. You helped to raise millions of pounds for children who need help, and that is really the best and most important thing about your participation. Revel in it! Few people (celebrity or not) are that generous of spirit, and they are the real losers. You *are* that generous, and, thus, you rock. :D Take care of your injury and do your rehab, so that you'll be as good as new in no time. :hug

I don't know about the rest of the LGs, but I'm ready for some more Jackson B. So... go on... what are you waiting for? Scoot! We are waiting (im)patiently for more Jackson and your deliciously evil character(s). :cherub And now I'm off to scrub my brain clean of the traumatizing mental image of Lucius as Goofy. :gah:

Thank you, Helen, for sharing the email! :hands

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks for that, Helen, and thanks for your expansiveness, Mr. I!
I was disappointed by your absence, but not as much as the thousands of fans who had diligently practiced their "HELLO!"s in anticipation of putting them to copious use during the game. Never mind, the larger point was made--millions to UNICEF. :yip

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks Jason and Helen. :D

Again? He's spoiling us. :oops:

Return to “General Forum”