CH2 Set Visit

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

CH2 Set Visit

Post by Chari910 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:57 pm

In September I was on vacation in Paris for 10 days and Susan(LadyLucius) had a meeting in Edinburgh. We decided to try to get permission to go see Jason and visit the set.
We were lucky that the BBC granted the permission! It was a beautiful day in Edinburgh and they were shooting several scenes outside and inside of a (fake) hospital.

Jason looked great as usual. This picture was before he had to go for make-up to put cuts and bruises on his face:

We even met The Ambassador (Crunchie). Her owner, Joyce was very nice.

We had a chance to meet the executive producer, Helen (Jason was also listed as an Exec Producer as well). She was so sweet and told us that Jackson will get a new girl friend, there will be one romantic scene with Louise and yes, there will be more shirtless Jackson, but not in the first episode.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: CH2 Set Visit

Post by Chari910 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Snapped a few pics of Jackson with little boo-boos on his face (It got much worse)

We didn't take any more pics onset since we were afraid of being kicked out LOL.
Jason was extremely nice and chatted with us between takes. He is the ultimate professional, he did scenes after scenes so naturally and without having to look at the scripts. They never had to do more than a few takes for his scenes except when The Dog did not want to cooperate :D

We could tell Jason was happy being Jackson Brodie again.
Re: Sweetwater
He showed us a few pictures and yes, all those 3 women were his wives. His role seems to be very sexual and he did have one scene with his backside completely bare :shock: I almost yelled 'screencaps', LOL.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:26 pm

At the end of the day, Jason was able to sign the 2012 Calendar and the Thunderball CD for charity auctions which Hilary will be putting up soon.

He signed the CD in gold paint.

The make up was a little gruesome. He did joke that Jackson was supposed to be a romantic hero but with all these facial injuries... :D

Jason appreciates all of our support. He did admit he visited the boards once in a while. I have a feeling he did that a lot during AWAKE to read all our comments.

Thank you Jason (and your PA, Cissie) for letting us be a part of your day on set and we are extra grateful that you always care enough to sign all these items for charity.
OXOX

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Well, he hardly looks sexy, all beat up like that . . . but no matter. :adore

Char, sounds like you and Susan had a blast on set. What a day!! Thanks for cornering him to sign the CD and calendar.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you Char for sharing your Jason encounter on the set of Case Histories.....hugs to Jason for always making time for Charity autographs. A Marvelous encounter :woot

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:54 pm

:mrgreen: Char and Susan, I hope you didn't do that to him...

Thanks for sharing the experience, and everything :hug

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Amazing! Thanks for sharing your encounter :hug

~me

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Just totally amazing -- he is such a dear man. Big thumbs up to Jason, the BBC and to Char & Susan our ever adventurous Lost Girls!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Wonderful, Char and Susan!! :hug Thank you for sharing this amazing time with our incredible Jason!! :D
He is so generous with his time for us, signing autographs for our charities...fantastic!! :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks ladies for sharing your visit with us. How wonderful! :hands And it's great that Jason was willing to visit with y'all and to sign those things. Nice! :cherub

And Himself looks like he's having a blast. He really has to be more careful about watching where he's walking. lol. (just kidding!)The boo-boo makeup is fantastic-especially the black eye. Now that is sex-eee. I'm really curious about the makeup for his eyes and how it will translate onto the screen. I guess he hasn't realize yet that Jackson Brodie is at his most romantic/sexy/lovable when he's been hit by a train...errrm... well...you know what I mean. ;-) lol.

And- well- I can't wait to see what the "good" pastor/cult leader will get up to in that movie. He is so good at being bad. ;-)

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:09 am

What a wonderful experience! Thank you so much, ladies, for sharing. :hug

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:46 am

That just made Monday a helluva lot better. Thanks for sharing that epically happy-making encounter. :yip

What a generous and gentle man. :hug

I'm off to Edinburgh at the end of the month to see a friend. Reckon I'll have to rely on a fortuitous encounter on Prince's Street ... :pig

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks Char, (and Susan). I have the world's worst cold, (I missed Thanksgiving yesterday :-( ), but this has really brightened my day.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm

but this has really brightened my day

He has a way of doing that, huh?

Feel better, fruitbat.

Tigerhawk13

Post by Tigerhawk13 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks for sharing. Those pictures put a smile on my face. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Case Histories”