CH2 Set Visit

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: CH2 Set Visit

Post by ln419 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Well, it looks like all THREE of you had a blast, even Jason who had to work through it, I think he likes his work, so it JUST may have beeen worth it! ;-) Char and Susan, thanks for the great pics and very thoughtfully bringing the audiobook and calendar (and silver and gold paint/pens) for him to sign the stuff, ya never miss a trick, and he's just always so willing to help out whenever he can, a gizunt on his keppe (Yiddish for a blessing on his head-it's about the only clean phrase I know in Yiddish!). Good guy our Jason! 10-Q LN

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for sharing Chari.
1. Loving the scruff. *sighinganddrooling*
2. The make-up artist does an x-l-nt job on his bruises and cuts. Makes me wince even thought I know they're not actual brusies, et al.
Poor Jackson. *doyouneedbackupmrbrodie* :brows :hug
That pooch is too cute.
~ML :woot :yip *anotherCaseHistoriesYAY* :yip

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Pretty damned amazing!!!!
Thanks to all three of you (as well as the recalcitrant Ambassador)!
Watch this space for a Thunderball auction, coming soon!

CeliaBeck

Post by CeliaBeck » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Visit Case Histories what a dream. A nice filmset thank you for sharing. Amazing Pictures ... yes handsome.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm

First off, I want to say that was great of Jason Isaacs to be willing to sign the items for charity. I know that I am always happy to bid on them, and bid higher on them that I would for anything else, because I know they are genuine and it goes for the charity in his name. Secondly, that had to be an awesome time for you guys. It sounds like it was a blast. You guys are always so good about giving us updates and sharing experiences that you get to have. It makes me smile, which is something I really need these days. Third, I hope that Jason enjoys any time he does spend reading the boards. I know it can get wacky at times, but people are heartfelt. What I like about the forum here too is that it isn't all just fluff and praise. People are honest about some of the things that confuse them or they don't like. Though, thankfully, it is mostly positive because that is just how good he is. {Smiles}

~Beth (Michigan, USA)

P.S. I know that I am sooo far behind on reading posts, but I do have a reason that I'm sure you will all understand. I can't even remember what I have posted and what I haven't. At the end of September, my youngest brother was killed in a car accident. He was only 32, and he left behind a couple very young children that are with other parts of our family now. A couple days after the actual funeral, I had to put a cat to sleep who had been with us for a lot of years. A couple months or so before that I had to put my 16 year old (first I owned) cat to sleep. Then about 2 weeks after my brother was killed, one of my grandmother's passed away. What an end of the year it has been. Needless to say, we've kind of been in a fog since then. With the holidays upon us, it's been hard as well as. So please forgive me if you've heard any of this, or if I miss responding to something you've sent me. I shall try to get back to it as soon as I can. I wanted to make sure to start checking the boards again too because I didn't want to miss out on calendar order time. LOL. That is one of my bright spots in the year. Thankfully I found out about the charity auction on ebay for the Audio CD's too. So that was another plus today.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh, Beth-so many things at once. I'm so sorry for all your losses-so difficult. Please know we're thinking of you and are here if you need us. :hug

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Oh Beth..I was wondering why you were gone from the boards so long. Real life tragedies take priority but we are real people here too with at least one common interest. :D so I'm glad you felt that you could share with us what you have been through. There will be sunshine ahead my dear, only time can lessen the pain. You are a warm and giving person and you will make it through the hard times.

If you popped in earlier, you could have joined us for our LA excursion. Jason cures everything! (Almost).

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Beth, writing usually comes easier for me... ditto to much of what Char said. We thankfully are here here for one another, and the reason we're all here, well I guess the picture up on the left is worth 1000 words, but since we're the ones who check in with eachother daily, we're the ones here for eachother, never feel otherwise. Loss, grief, pain, changes it's all difficult and takes time and energy. When we think we can't take another step, it seems we don't have the choice but to keep going. It's been said "our loved ones never really leave us, they're always with us, just here inside (indicating inside our hearts)". And as long people's lives and stories are remembered, they don't go away; they're locked in our hearts and in our heads. I think it may be time to take care of BETH, she needs some time (out of the blizzard!). :hug LN

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 pm

When real life gets too overwhelming, we're always here as a refuge.
I'm sorry things have seemed so dark for you, Beth--I hope you take comfort in all the happy memories you have of your family. :hug

BethMI

*Little OT and On Topic* Re: CH2 Set Visit

Post by BethMI » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 pm

I just wanted to say publicly thank you so much for your kind words you guys. {big hugs} I'll try to send private messages with more depth in them to each of you. I just wanted you to know that I did see these, and it warmed my heart so much today to see them.

In response to Char's LA Excursion comment ... darn ... sooo wish I could have been there. I would have gotten myself on a plane for that one. LOL. Any idea on when the next one might be? Any premieres he's going to be doing on the East or West Coast?

~Beth (Michigan)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 am

Oh dear. I'm so sorry, Beth. But...Hang in there, lady. And, ln and the other gals are right, take some moments to re-balance yourself and, well, TLG is a good place to hide for a few precious moments when you are feeling overwhelmed. Many virtual hugs.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Beth I am so sorry for all you have suffered in the past few months.

As wolfsaver has said, we are here for you if you need us. :hug

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 am

That is a rough patch!!! All death is hard to take! Hope things start looking up for you. Keep the good memories in your thoughts!

Just got my kitty's ashes in a nice wooden box yesterday. I will miss him - he was such a good cat.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Our condolences to Beth. :hug :hug :hug
And, Marie, I send mine for your kitty cat. *catsruletoo*

~ML :cherub

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Wow, Char and Susan, what a wonderful encounter you've had! Lucky ladies! And our dear man looks in great shape!

Beth, I'm so sorry, I hope life treats you better in 2013! :hug

Return to “Case Histories”