Sweetwater info

In which Jason Isaacs plays a very ungodly man of God.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Sweetwater info

Post by thunder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 pm

;-) most of this is already on YT... Except Harry Potter, because they've been particularly cheap with sharing the out takes. Funny since they come with "new releases" about every second month, but it's still just old footage that we've already paid for :roll:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi,

I don't think that this has been posted yet. January Jones continues to wear the same violently violet dress (how did her co-actors not go blind while looking at her in that dress??). A small but very positive mention of Sweetwater. Too bad he focuses on January Jones...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... e-20121217

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:37 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:January Jones continues to wear the same violently violet dress (how did her co-actors not go blind while looking at her in that dress??)
Were probably supposed to read that dress as the former prostitute character still has her gaudy working girl clothes and also btw, is a metaphor for the attitude of this is an authority-challenging do-it-her-way woman.

Just a guess.

I hope JJ gives a decent performance but her X men role I last saw her in makes me despair. Her Betty Draper from Mad Men seems more and more (to me) like they just put a actress with that personality in the role. No acting is actually on display. My opinion wasnt improved when it became public knowledge that her and one of the Miller brothers who direct started dating somewhere along the line. Haven't seen anything on whether it is still going on. Uck, Betty-Draper move.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 am

I have almost no concept of JJ as an actress. I don't watch Madmen and am, apparently, the only person on the planet with no intention of doing so. I guess it says something that I cannot entirely remember her from X-Men (and I love those movies), but I'm assuming she must have been Emma Frost (because Emma is a blonde). The dress is still hideous even if it is a metaphor.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 am

I've only seen her in The Boat That Rocked. Her part wasn't big, but I thought she could have brought more personality to her character than what she did.
It was quite forgettable... :oops:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Don't be lonely LS, I've never seen Madmen, and have no intention of doing so. I'm not sure if that puts you in "good" company, but it's company nonetheless...ellen

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:26 pm

I have seen Mad Men and I like it. Brits generally like Mad Men but British women are generally very jealous of any woman in Mad Men. But JJ suited that role and looked gorgeous. Here ... we'll see. The dress is certainly vivid. Loved your analysis, Seattle Mel. :mrgreen: I'm inclined to agree but will attempt to reserve judgement until after I've seen it. ;-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I think I have no interest in MM simply because I've known too many of the Don Draper (charming, too intelligent, shallow philanderers) types in real life so watching the MM version would be too much for my little brain to handle.

Since I have no real experience with January Jones (and apparently her Emma Frost made no bad/good impression on me), I suppose it means that I might not have any baggage about her for Sweetwater aside from her late 19th c. fashion sense. ;^) Personally, I am hoping that if Jason's character is going to be as bad and creepy as Jason says the character is that he went over the top with it and played the heck out of it. And *maybe*, since he seems so excited about it, it means that the movie will be as good as we hope, but I guess we'll have to (impatiently) wait and see. I really do like westerns, so I'm hoping that it'll be a good one.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am

At least Jason could never be acused of playing a booring Priest, Reverend, Man of God type! All of these characters I've seen him play have some kind of moral, ethical issues.

Death by ax - that will be a change! ;-)

Can't wait to see this!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:10 pm

I can. :gah:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:30 pm

lol... agreed, don't think morality will play a factor in THIS particular charactor ("makes Lucius look like Goofy"). But are we sure it's an ax, or is it the gun (in the library by Mrs. Red-if anyone plays Clue?). Guess we'll have to tune in and watch.... ellen

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:28 am

Jason showed us many pics in EDI and we saw the one with the mortal wound.
I would say it's a first for him.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:53 am

But can it compete with the mortal wound in Event Horizon? That one was pretty over the top! Poor DJ.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Oddly for us (lucky for me), we've seen several movies lately with loads of trailors..even one for Gambit (Alan Rickman, Colin Firth, Cameron Diaz) out next year, and LOTS of indies, but none for Sweetwater :-( ... wonder what the deal is..? ellen

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, Gambit has been out - at least in the UK. It was supposed to open here in the late fall, but it's been pushed back (I only know this due to my fascination with Mr. Darcy and Severus Snape...ermm... I mean Firth and Rickman :cool: ). Maybe they won't/don't do the trailers until a distributor picks up the rights (is that how it works? she asks quietly) to a movie? I would guess *makes weird unsure face* that theaters would be hesitant to book a movie that they don't know if it will make box office money or if it is going straight to DVD. Maybe they want to see how it does at Sundance.

Return to “Sweetwater (Sweet Vengeance)”