BBC trailers (with some CH series 2)

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: BBC trailers (with some CH series 2)

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:08 pm

http://youtu.be/6ScGApuyjZI
Same trailer, no block. :wheee

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Awesome ... Thanks Thunder. I was happy to be able to see this now (since I couldn't with the block).

~Beth (Michigan)

P.S. Nice to see the Doctor Who clips in there too. Though I'm not really a Matt Smith fan as of yet, I did love the Clara character. I saw the Christmas episode for this season's push off, and I am really looking forward to seeing her as the companion. So, maybe I will end up liking Matt Smith more. I was an old Tom Baker Doctor Who fan and David Tenant for the modern versions.

thunder wrote:http://youtu.be/6ScGApuyjZI
Same trailer, no block. :wheee

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Yay! Case Histories!!

Though I'm not really a Matt Smith fan

I haven't warmed to his Dr Who either. David Tennant was a hard act to follow. Glad to see there'll be a series with him on BBCA.
Also glad to see another Sherlock on the horizon. With Cumberbatch and Freeman both busy becoming movie stars (Hobbit 1, 2, 3 and Star Trek 2), I was afraid they wouldn't continue the series.

Was disappointed not to see The Hollow Crown about King Henry V, with Tom Hiddleston. I guess there's still a hope that the U.S. will get it on PBS's Masterpiece.

Thanks, thunder!!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks to fruitbat for ranting so well, and to thunder for finding an un-blocked you tube site! :wheee e

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:52 pm

From BBC Can:
Hi M,

Thank you for reaching out to BBC Canada. We really appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your comments and suggestion as viewer feedback is very important to us!

Please note that at this time we have no information regarding a second series of Case Histories. However, I will be happy to pass along your comments to our programming department for their review and consideration so that they are aware of your interest. They are always particularly eager to hear from our viewers as they continue to develop the network and make decisions in the future.

Please feel free to email us again in a few months for updates or keep checking our online schedule at http://www.bbccanada.com/schedule as our programming is always changing and being updated.

Thank you for your comments. Have a great day!

Regards,
BBC Canada
Viewer Relations
http://www.bbccanada.com
Well, this is only BBC Canada, which I did not rely on to see CH1. But, they should know there is interest in seeing case Histories.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Well, at least they answered . . . and very nicely too.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Well, I've got some time on my hands and did some more searching for any info on the broadcast date for CH2. I don't recall if it was on this board or the other one, but someone posted that perhaps it would be on when Ripper Street was finished, in that time-slot, although I may be remembering that incorrectly.

In any case, I checked out BBC 1's schedule for Sunday March 3, the week following Ripper Street's last ep. A show called "Mayday", which has five episodes, is scheduled to be in that time-slot, so there goes that theory.

Yours, truly,
fruitbat, once again, the bearer of no news

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm

fruitbat, once again, the bearer of no news

Don't fret, fruitbat. At least you kept the crickets at bay for a while longer.

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

I read a tweet from BBC one yesterday saying it will come out "later this year". I would have prefered "soon". Amazon still say the DVD will be out March 25... and that's the date I've been making my calculations from. But now I don't know. It still may be on on a different day, or later in March.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 pm

I guess it's better than the answer we get for the DVD for Awake, which is nada. March 25 is an actual DATE, correct or not; it's closer than probably later. I vote on 'patience is a virtue' (to quote thunder) one or two days or weeks one way or the other isn't going to shake my world too much; I'll settle happily for that, ellen

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Still have time on my hands. Following Thunder's hint about BBC1 being on Twitter, I tweeted both them and "Jackson Brodie" himself Image asking when we will see him again.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Sorry for the double post. From twitter:
Victoria Wood Fans.
The BBC has now confirmed to us that Victoria will be appearing in the second series of Case Histories later this year.
At first I thought, "Oh no. If this is just coming out now, that must mean they know it means really later this year". Those fans are really slow on the uptake, though, judging by this and the other tweets her casting is complete news to them, so my panic is subsiding as I type.

I seem to be making it my own personal quest to find the freaking broadcast date for CH2! Ah well, it keeps me off the streets.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 am

They asked BBC about what series Victoria Wood was going to be in, and they quoted the answer they got:
https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/30464 ... icwoodfans She'll be appearing in the second series of Case Histories later this year[/quote]

This tweet made me think that we have to wait a while longer. But maybe the tweeter for BBC one doesn't know either. The DVD release date hasn't been changed yet, and that's what I'm going by. The DVD is distributed by ITV Studios Home Entertainment, but they wouldn't release the DVD before BBC has sent the whole series?

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:35 am

fruitbat wrote: I seem to be making it my own personal quest to find the freaking broadcast date for CH2! Ah well, it keeps me off the streets.
:yip I appreciate a fangirl with focus. I have had some self-appointed "I *will* extract this info from the universe" quests myself and it is satisfying when it bears fruit.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:28 am

Just received message from Amazon, saying DVD will be out Nov 29... :cafe

Return to “Case Histories”