Independent Spirit Awards 2013

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Independent Spirit Awards 2013

Post by thunder » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:18 pm

LadySekhmet

Re: Independent Spirit Awards 2013

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Very nice! Thanks, thunder

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Short Jason interview (about red carpet clothes) at 3:07:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFpBM9sWFKI

:D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

"funeral director" :cool:

Thanks, thunder.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

"video has been removed"........I hate when that happens ;-)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 pm

I hate when they shut down those videos too, so, anyone want to tell us what he said? What was the 'funeral director' remark (if I may ask?) ln

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 am

It was a short segment. When asked about fashion, he said that he always wears black (looking like a funeral director), so he doesn't go wrong.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 am

Ha - good one. I think I've only seen him in black and blue clothing (other than when acting).

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks for answering. I know several funeral directors...I could introduce him to their closets (or at least their tie/shirt selection...) ;-) LN

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:20 am

A comment on the fashion sensibilities of Himself.

While I would be giddy even to see him in acid washed denim from the heart of the 80s, I do so wish he'd mix it up a *leetle bit* from the blue and black uniform. His Awake partner Steve Harris has some pretty fashion forward killer suits. Take him shopping Steve!

Oh well, I can appreciate that his uniform approach does make his pictures practically timeless. An "advanced level" JI quiz would be to show a series of pics from him at premieres and be able to correctly order the timeline from oldest to newest.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 am

Thanks for the link to the images. Very nice. He looked like he was having fun at the awards. Sometimes the actors/actresses look like they are either petrified or being dragged to the show by their teeth. Whether imagined or not, he does appear to be having fun. So either he truly did have a good time, or he is just showing the perfection of his acting skills. {chuckles}

~Beth (Michigan)

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 am

{chuckles} That would be an interesting quiz, SeattleMel. LOL What would be even more amusing is just how many would get the answers right. {winks}

~Beth (Michigan)

SeattleMel wrote:Oh well, I can appreciate that his uniform approach does make his pictures practically timeless. An "advanced level" JI quiz would be to show a series of pics from him at premieres and be able to correctly order the timeline from oldest to newest.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:09 am

As someone who believes firmly in the LBD (little black dress) for all formal occasions (and who owns several), I think, that while he may not be sporting the latest fads (and by that I mean the ugly ones), he always looks classic and handome. And the fact that he's willing to put on a suit or even a jacket so much is worth a round of applause, because trying to wrangle a man who doesn't want to wear a suit into a suit is like trying to wrestle the Kracken back into its undersea cave. Yeah, he could buy a blue dress shirt (or even a lavender one -that would bring out the eyes nicely, too - or he could go opposite blue on the "colorwheel" to make his eye-color pop), and toss it into the rotation (or a tie -those are easier to switch out) - but he's doing pretty well so far.

*edited for horrifying grammar error that I noticed while reading BethMI's comment. *hangs head in shame*
Last edited by LadySekhmet on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:11 am

I think he always looks nice and elegant. No problems with how he dresses. You truly can't go wrong with black as long as it isn't a color that washes out your face to make you look like a ghost. He doesn't have that issue thankfully.

~Beth (Michigan)

LadySekhmet wrote:As someone who believes firmly in the LBD (little black dress) for all formal occasions (and who owns several), I think, that while he may not be sporting the latest fads (and by that I mean the ugly ones), he always looks classic and handome. And the fact that he's willing to put on a suit or even a jacket so much is worth a round of applause, because trying to wrangle a man who doesn't want to wear a suit into a suit is like trying to wrestle the Kracken back into it's undersea cave. Yeah, he could buy a blue dress shirt (or even a lavender one -that would bring out the eyes nicely, too - or he could go opposite blue on the "colorwheel" to make his eye-color pop), and toss it into the rotation (or a tie -those are easier to switch out) - but he's doing pretty well so far.

Return to “General Forum”