Just Checked PBS

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

NCGirl

Just Checked PBS

Post by NCGirl » Sat May 18, 2013 1:28 pm

PBS posted on my FB page regarding series to be shown this summer for Masterpiece Mystery (July - September). Unfortunately, CH2 was not listed. :bawl Hopefully PBS will show it at some point ~ or BBC America.
~cadie

LadySekhmet

Re: Just Checked PBS

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat May 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Don't fret yet, cadie! Last time it started in mid October. ;)

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Sat May 18, 2013 10:27 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:Don't fret yet, cadie! Last time it started in mid October. ;)
Keeping my fingers crossed that CH2 will be shown this year! :mrgreen:

~cadie

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue May 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Me, too. Hoping it goes to B&N books soon.

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:42 pm

I just received a fb message from my local PBS station regarding season 2 of Case Histories:

"We haven't heard if PBS will be offering this next summer, but if they do, we will certainly broadcast it!"

Next summer???!!! :shock: Now I'm wondering if/when they plan to release the dvd here in the states. :bang I hope before next summer.

~cadie

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 pm

That's not good news. I thought Season 1 had respectable ratings on KPBS. Such a shame that they won't commit yet to Season 2. :twisted:

I ordered Case Histories from Amazon back on April 8, and I get periodic updates from them saying that they don't have a release date and do I want to (a) keep the order as is or (b) cancel the order. Guess I'll be getting a shite-load more of those from Amazon now.

NCGirl

Post by NCGirl » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:54 am

I placed an order last February....... :-(

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Yea - I am getting a bit tired of getting those emails. Geeze - if PBS does not want to air it the least they can do is make the DVD available. What is the holdup? Is PBS saying they have so many great shows there is no room on their schedule for a mini-series. Bah!!!!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:19 pm

A 3-episode miniseries? :roll:

Though I have to admit that I'm glad The Hollow Crown made it to PBS. Never thought that Shakespeare history plays would be of interest to anyone other than Anglophiles like me.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Have you seen the fan-base that Hollow Crown has thanks to Tom Hiddleston? (And as part of the the Hiddles fan-base, and as Shakespeare lover since a wee-girl, I'm not being sarcastic.) It's freaking HUGE! PBS would have been mad as hatters to *NOT* take advantage of that fan-base. And it's even better, because he's a great actor.

*cough* Now back to our regularly scheduled Jason-approved fan-girling.

And...it's looking like I'm going to have to order the Brit version of CH2 after all.

It would be REALLY, REALLY nice if BBC America would pick up Case Histories 2 and would show it on their channel.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:03 pm

LadySekhmet wrote:Have you seen the fan-base that Hollow Crown has thanks to Tom Hiddleston? (And as part of the the Hiddles fan-base, and as Shakespeare lover since a wee-girl, I'm not being sarcastic.) It's freaking HUGE! PBS would have been mad as hatters to *NOT* take advantage of that fan-base. And it's even better, because he's a great actor.
My PBS, WNED, is showing the Hollow Crown on Sunday afternoons beginning in a few weeks. What are they showing this Sunday, the perfect slot for CH2? Old clips from Ed Sullivan. I can't believe that old Ed is still that great a ratings grabber, so it must be that the cost of CH2 is prohibitive. It seems that unless a show is a sure ratings hit, like Downton Abbey or Call the Midwife, PBS is not willing to take the risk.

And...it's looking like I'm going to have to order the Brit version of CH2 after all.

It would be REALLY, REALLY nice if BBC America would pick up Case Histories 2 and would show it on their channel.
I've checked out the likely suspects regarding Canadian tv. BBC Can and Showcase, which both showed CH1, have no mention of CH2 on their websites.

It really seems that dvds are the way to go.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Have you seen the fan-base that Hollow Crown has thanks to Tom Hiddleston? (And as part of the the Hiddles fan-base, and as Shakespeare lover since a wee-girl, I'm not being sarcastic.) It's freaking HUGE! PBS would have been mad as hatters to *NOT* take advantage of that fan-base. And it's even better, because he's a great actor.

I couldn't agree more. And NOW back to the topic.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:42 am

I hope this is the proper place to post this....per Tellyspotting "CH2 will sometime soon be on public TV in the States." It doesn't say exactly when, but it sure beats getting email from Amazon saying "your order has been delayed". YEAH!! :D ~ellen

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:24 am

Ellen, do you have a link?

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:09 pm

I think it's this one?
http://tellyspotting.org/2014/02/22/jas ... can-telly/

(It's at the bottom of the article, it doesn't say what source they've got it from, but maybe they've got inside information)

Return to “Case Histories”