Ratings

A modern adaptation of Ira Levin's novel to a four hours NBC miniseries. Jason Isaacs plays Roman Castevet.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Don't forget to watch tonight

Post by Marie » Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 pm

I wish I could tape but all I have is a DVR and no way to tape (even if it were legal) but if one of the other Lost Girls perhaps makes a copy for personal use and could lend it to you! It is the only way to see a project that is not available for purchase.

Yes - we always say it can be tough seeing some of JI's projects.

I'm wondering if any of us will get to see Field of Lost Shoes.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun May 11, 2014 4:44 pm

I was able to watch Awake... I have a tiny hope I'll find a way to see this too.

Yes, Field of Lost Shoes... Dawn... Things People Do... :cafe

thunder

Ratings

Post by thunder » Mon May 12, 2014 11:33 am

This says 3.7 million viewers, and 1.1 rating. Don't ask me what it means, but the article suggest not very good?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/12/rosem ... y-ratings/

Marie

Re: Ratings

Post by Marie » Mon May 12, 2014 1:00 pm

No those are not good numbers.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Well, aside from it being Mother's Day and several shows were either ending or almost ending for their seasons, it was highly improbable that it would have done very well. (I didn't even get to watch it last night, but was thrilled to find it on Demand this morning! :-) ). Maybe part 2 will do better on Thurday; at least they don't have Gray's Anatomy Finale to deal with. I think I liked it more than the Polaski film...more meat to chaw on.

Hope everyone had a good mom's day! ~ ellen

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon May 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Well... :uhoh

I hate to say this, but I wasn't blown away by it. It wasn't scary at all. :bag:

It's a tough time slot. It competed against Game of Thrones (which it will never win against) and Turn (I don't know how popular Turn is outside of my personal obsession with it) - both of which I watch. So in order for it to win against GoT, it needed to be a really strong story. Plus, there was a two hour show of Once Upon a Time last night.

Jason's acting wasn't in question for me. He totally rocked the Evil Guy, but sadly there wasn't much of him. And, well, Rosemary...she's making me root for the bad guys. Seriously. But I can't say that I'm going to set aside my Thursday evening for the next part... :^<

Marie

Post by Marie » Mon May 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Yea - interesting choice of films for Mother's Day (file it under - what were they thinking!) Hey .. woman has baby - let's show it on Mother's Day!

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue May 13, 2014 8:00 am

It was probably the competition, and the reviews didn't help either, I guess.

I agree with LadyS that it wasn't scary. Sometimes disgusting, but I've had worse...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Lady S, now now, he didn't say 'scary' he said 'psychological thriller'. Admittedly that's a tough gig to pull off with comercials every 5 minutes! ;-) (and no, it wasn't scary, but I didn't mind the cigar as much, suprisingly so!) ~ellen

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Wow, no one has written on part 2 (did no one watch? shock, gasp!). It was MUCH scarier than part 1, plus there was much more "villinous" Jason (almost early Lucius sans Lucy and the fingernails on chalkboard voice) - but him- the silvery soft voice of Kaa (Jungle Book) that will make you do anything he says, with that loving smile and those tearing up eyes. He tossed it all in ever so effortlessly in-SUCH a pleasure to watch. Sorry Jase, in the back of my mind...it was nice to know you were having a blast doing your job too! Part 1 did move slowly, but 2 made up for all that. YEAH! :D ~ellen

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri May 16, 2014 2:57 pm

I am so tired today, I couldn't concentrate to watch the episode, but I FF to Jason's scenes. He was really chilling in the bare foot scene. He did great, I liked it better when he could act out the darkness. And the scene where he cried was oddly moving... I just wish he had more scenes. :D

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Fri May 16, 2014 7:21 pm

I was not impressed. It did not have the chilling desperation of the original. And I was certainly not impressed with Patrick J. Adams. Sorry.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat May 17, 2014 7:23 am

Where can I watch it online?

thanks,

~me

Marie

Post by Marie » Sat May 17, 2014 9:15 am

Have to agree with you Wolfsaver. I was not scared at all and found the gore to be silly. It did not have the chilling effect that the original movie had. The performances by Jason, the gal who played his wife and the guy who played the police inspector were all good. Most of the others .... not so much.... or perhaps they did the best with the script they were handed. The coven was kind of laughable rather than creepy.

CeliaBeck

Post by CeliaBeck » Sat May 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Angel Tavington wrote:Where can I watch it online?

thanks,

~me
Here http://www.nbc.com/rosemarys-baby scroll down and night 1 and 2 is on.
I hope the film startet.

Return to “Rosemary's Baby”