Speculations (SPOILERS - obviously)

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:13 pm

I moved over the posts where we were presenting theories on the Mooooooo that they hinted about during Comic-Con. I think we ended up being pretty right about the cow, but the series isn't over yet. I posted a new post on the bottom.

Here's another report from the panel. I think there was some new info in there:
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... works-dig/
Moooooooooo!
:scratch

:D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Comic-Con interviews

Post by Marie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Oh great Bovine hints?

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Maybe it's a holy cow?

:mrgreen:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 am

The golden calf? Image

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 pm

If we're Moooo-sing about it (sorry. no, not really.) - the Golden Calf is a good possibility, even though Moses supposedly burned it and ground it into powder (although how you would burn solid gold into ashes rather than simply melting it down...) and then forced folks to drink the mix, it could always be "found." Are there other famous cows in the Bible? Although I'm assuming it would based on something in the OT, I suppose it could also be NT.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:44 am

The golden calf is a good guess..

Adding information together... I may be completely wrong, of course:
"As this murder mystery starts to unfold, it uncovers this sort of deep, couple thousand year old mystery," Kring explains. "Within the first two minutes of the episode, you see the birth of the red heifer."
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/dig_israel_ ... ca-2014-07
The red heifer (Hebrew: פרה אדומה‎; parah adumah), also known as a red cow, was a sacrifice in the Hebrew Bible, the ashes of which were used for the ritual purification of an ancient Israelite who had come into contact with a corpse.[1]
and
Some Fundamentalist Christians believe that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ cannot occur until the Third Temple is constructed in Jerusalem, which requires the appearance of a red heifer born in Israel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_heifer

Well, it's a moooooooo at least. :scratch

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Guss they're mooo-ving in the right direction...

*giggles*

Ah, that makes more sense then.

I was trying to figure out their symbol that they've been posting, I thought there might be some sort of weird, mash up of Egyptian glyphs w something else, but I don't think so (or at least not a legit one). The box w the open side is -in ancient Egyptian-the glyph for the word for house (pr) or the sign (if it's combined with little walking legs determinative) that can also be used for the word "to go." But that's Egyptian (& there are additional meanings it could have too-those are just the most common). But I don't recognize the other sign that looks like a mallet (& I've went through my sign list). Although if you squint/tilt your head, I suppose it could be the word for pr-hdj (treasury). Hdj is the word for silver in ancient Egyptian. I wouldn't have a guess at what those two short lines that flank the sign are. Or I suppose the mallet-looking sign could also be a bastardized version of the "ndj" sign (& I've only checked my little dictionary, I haven't checked my larger ancient E dictionary), but that sign is used in a word, not as a word like hdj, and it seems to be used in verbs rather than as a noun- but I suppose it could be a nominalized verb and so could, possibly be pr-ndj, which, I suppose it could roughly mean house of safety/protection/or something. And this is such a loose translation that I could drive about 50 semi-trucks/lorries through it-I mean-I'm stretching to create something that makes sense. (In fact, mentally, I can hear my Egyptian language profs sreaming at me for doing this contortion of the language.) And to be totally honest, I wouldn't know why they would use something Egyptian instead of Hebrew if it's set in Israel, but then HWood does crazy things all the time to ancient history, so I didn't want to do simply dismiss it out of hand. I suppose it could mean something in Hebrew or ancient Hebrew, but I don't know any Hebrew so someone like apk or ln would have to cast their eye over it to see if it rings any bells.

And I'm fairly certain is not koine Greek (Grk used in the NT) or an early Christian symbol (the nuns never got into weird early Christian symbols aside from the fish in CCD), or Latin, unless they are using some weirdo phonetic symbols that one has to learn in some advanced grad Biblical Studies class.

and...I think I just lost everyone...sorry.

Since I have Not been reading the wattpad story I wouldn't know if they already addressed the set of signs and now I just look like a real '3 (donkey) as they say in ancient Egyptian. lol.

plus, I thought we could use the discussion, even if I'm gushing a random stream of consciousness, because it seems rather lonely around here lately... :-( *goes and sits back down in the corner*

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:11 am

We should probably open up a speculation and conspiracy topic where we can go nuts, later. :mrgreen: Comic con is over and done with anyway... won't do much harm if we speculate about the hints they've given us. ;-)

I thought the symbol looks like a key of some sort... Someone guarding the gate to somewhere... (treasury?) But your discussion is so much more intelligent. :oops:

Thanks for the contribution, I'm on strike, so I have to keep myself busy with something.

The Wattpad story seems like a prequel. It's great to read it though, and we get more background on the characters and their relationship to each other. I don't think we'll get too many hints about the plot in the TV series on Wattpad...

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:59 am

Oh, a conspiracy section sounds good! Yes, that would definitely fit.

Thanks. :-) It turned out a little longer than I meant because I kept looking thing up! Sorry... :-)

On strike? Oh dear. I hope everything gets resolved satisfactorily. :-/

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:57 am

Nothing to be sorry about :D

We went directly on strike from almost 2 months of summer vacation, so it's a very strange situation. I'm over-ready to start working, but we strike for very good reasons, so I can always keep it going for a while longer. Hope it will be resolved soon.

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:05 pm

I'll move over some theories we came up while back because I think it's convenient to have it all in one place. It will be funny to see if we are right about something as the story unfolds. :mrgreen:

Emma: Why did she put the stone in his pocket, was it to give him a memory, or to keep it safe? And how did the guy (forgot his name if he had one) know that it was in Peter's pocket? Or was he just lucky that it was there...?

And how is Oppland all of a sudden 60 miles from the Arctic circle?

Sorry, more questions than theories so far.

What do you think? Any puzzles or theories so far?

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Speculations (SPOILERS - obviously)

Post by Helen8 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Well, they got the Norwegian language right but not so much the geography. Maybe they confused the Canada location with Oppland.

I think she gave him the stone to (a) keep it safe and (b) bring him in on the "conspiracy."

I think he didn't know that the breastplate stone was in Peter's pocket but that he knew exactly what it was when Peter put it on the table and grabbed it and ran.
That is one sad run-on sentence for an editor, but you get my meaning.

I think they cloned several Joshes just in case something like "tainting his feet" happened. Rough life for this clone. Isolated his whole life; shot dead in an instant. :shock:

This is a stretch: In an episode of I, Claudius, 4 decades ago, Herod Agrippa thinks that he is the Messiah that was prophesized, since he was born the same year as the prophecy stated. Claudius, now emperor, and concerned that Herod, his lifelong friend and confidante, might turn against him, asks a historian(?) about the prophecy and if Herod is, in fact, the one. The historian says that it is not Herod, but someone that the Greeks referred to as Joshua Bar David. Coinkydink? :scratch

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:13 am

Helen8 wrote:I think she gave him the stone to (a) keep it safe and (b) bring him in on the "conspiracy."

I think he didn't know that the breastplate stone was in Peter's pocket but that he knew exactly what it was when Peter put it on the table and grabbed it and ran.
That is one sad run-on sentence for an editor, but you get my meaning.
That makes sense. Were they in Emma's apartment when this happened, or was it just some random place. It was very messy, and it looked like someone had turned it upside down (to find something?)
Helen8 wrote:I think they cloned several Joshes just in case something like "tainting his feet" happened. Rough life for this clone. Isolated his whole life; shot dead in an instant. :shock:

This is a stretch: In an episode of I, Claudius, 4 decades ago, Herod Agrippa thinks that he is the Messiah that was prophesized, since he was born the same year as the prophecy stated. Claudius, now emperor, and concerned that Herod, his lifelong friend and confidante, might turn against him, asks a historian(?) about the prophecy and if Herod is, in fact, the one. The historian says that it is not Herod, but someone that the Greeks referred to as Joshua Bar David. Coinkydink? :scratch
I haven't seen I, Claudius... http://www.perno.com/extras/micro/Claudius.htm It explains why they call the clones Joshua - although what else would they call the one they clone to make Jesus come back. If that 's what they are trying to do, though...? They look crazy enough.

And are the archaeologists really digging for the Arc of the Covenant, or is it to cover up digging fro something else... I don't trust that arrogant archaeologist.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Well, Jesus is Yeshua in Hebrew, which I think is Joshua in English - so very Messiah-appropriate. ;-)

The stone -I think that she knew she had something she shouldn't have, and gave it to him for safe-keeping. Foreshadowing of her own death?

Yeah, I saw him put the stone down and thought, "why did you do that, you silly man?"

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Thunder, you definitely need to see I, Claudius. It's exceptional. And, LS, I agree with you.

Return to “Dig”