NBC Peter Pan

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

NBC Peter Pan

Post by Chari910 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:05 am

Watched it last night and really missed our Jason as Hook. Here are some comments about their Hook.
Christopher Walken: low energy, zombie, was he on something? A miscast, every time someone says he is GOOD, a fairy dies!

To me, it's like a nursing home version of Hook, sorry! And why is the hook on the wrong hand again?
Allison Williams was good but why can't they cast a real boy?

They had a different actor playing Mr. Darling.

Really wish Jason could be in this production!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: NBC Peter Pan

Post by Helen8 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:14 pm

I didn't watch it for all the reasons you gave, Char. When I saw all the commercials leading up to it, I saw nothing appealing. I know that Christopher Walken is a former hoofer (dancer), so I thought, "maybe I'll watch it." But I decided against it. Glad I did.

CaseHistories

Post by CaseHistories » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:10 am

I didn't watch. But this was on my Google News alert. From the Huffington Post review.

Hook: Walken's walk-on demeanor, from obvious card-reading to really bad lip synching, was obvious to the point where I wondered if it was fully part of the schtick and not just lack of prep. It'd been really funny had he paused and squinted and maybe gestured to a stage hand for a "better look" at a cue card. I found myself worrying if he'd make it through each dance scene, though his soft shoe slickness was still there. Now, I just love the dandy this stage rendition cooks up for the character, and the tap dancing was fun -- but I kind of missed Cyril Ritchard's overtly-perfected dandy, both in look and demeanor. The bared chest is/was better left to Jason Isaacs.

:lol :lol :lol

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:11 am

Vanity Fair just ranked Jason as the No. 1 Hook of all time. :D
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... tain-hooks

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:56 am

Lost Girls not resident in the UK might be pleased to learn that Jason's version of Peter Pan gets a regular outing on TV here. The most popular time to show it is near Christmas (as Peter Pan is a popular stage show at this time of year too). They generally choose times when the schools are on holiday to put it on TV. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Yay, Vanity Fair! :hands Yay, Brit TV! :hands

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:59 am

Oh do I so agree!! NO ONE can play Hook the way Jason portrayed him. When I saw the previews of Walken I knew I wasn't going to watch it. I saw that movie more times than I can tell you just to watch Jason...he is and always will be THE BEST in everything he does. :D

And kudos to Vanity Fair!! :hands .. :wheee

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Chari910 wrote:Vanity Fair just ranked Jason as the No. 1 Hook of all time. :D
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... tain-hooks
Smart...very smart! (IOW, great choice!)

Return to “General Forum”