Episode 8: The Sisters of Dinah

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: Episode 8: The Sisters of Dinah

Post by Chari910 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:26 am

With Peter having his big bad scar on the exact same spot ( left chest) from the beginning and now suffered a big bad wound, healed by the holy stuff applied to it, makes me wonder...

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:39 am

Are you thinking Peter had some divine intervention? :D Either that or he is one lucky guy when it comes to being shot!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am

Marie wrote:.... then that little SOB Josh. ....
I was shocked!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:22 pm

You guys! I researched Dinah because I was so certain there'd be something nefarious done with her and her story. Literally, HOURS, twenty different websites.

Ah, well. Win some, lose some. But I loved that a-HA moment I had while watching this show: Sisters of Dinah...SISTERS of Dinah. OOOOH!!! The nuns. Doh!

Oh my god, I'm so in love with the writers of this show right now I can't even think straight. Smartest people on this planet, as far as I'm concerned. In storytelling, there's this thing called "kill your darlings." They did this in this episode, in a magnificent way.

So. Good.

Tosca, I'm coming to your house for dinner on Thursday. Just FYI. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:04 am

Do come, Amy! Perhaps I'll make cuttlefish with black beans purée.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Tosca, are you gaining or losing weight on this Dig diet?

Guess the jury is finally in on Josh 2.0. He is sooooo evil. He set Debbie up, making her think he wanted to be saved by her. His technique with Debbie was not unlike his sacrificing the lamb a few episodes ago.

So glad Peter showed up in the coming attractions seconds after being shot in the chest. Phew!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Sooo...I'm wondering in regards to this episode's gun shot wound + what Char saw in the previews for ep #10, if the healing mud the Essene applies to it is of the Dead Sea mud variety. This would make sense--Qumran is about a mile from the Dead Sea, and the Essenes were naturalists. And I did find one research article when I was looking up stuff on Essenes about how some people think they may have chosen the Dead Sea location because of their production of medicines. I think there was some writings of Josephus that indicated they used roots, stones, herbs(? maybe?) to heal diseases.

So it's entirely possible the writers ran with that, and using their big storyteller brains and imaginations, just decided to go and heal Peter with some handy dandy, mystic Dead Sea mud. (It could happen!)

I still want to know what the OTHER scar is from...but that may just be something left to the mysteries of our imaginations. (I'm going to pretend Peter got it from saving a baby from a burning building while he was in seminary school...I have no idea why he'd do that, being a seminary student, but I don't care. I can totally see him doing it.)

I'll be over around 5, Tosca. ;-)

amy223

Post by amy223 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Here's a link to an interview with Lauren Ambrose about her character's arc ending:

http://www.theworkprint.com/spoilers-di ... l-fate/123

(STILL can't believe Debbie is gone. :bawl )

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:56 am

Good interview. Thanks for posting, Amy.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:57 am

amy223 wrote:Here's a link to an interview with Lauren Ambrose about her character's arc ending:

http://www.theworkprint.com/spoilers-di ... l-fate/123

(STILL can't believe Debbie is gone. :bawl )
Me too :bawl

The little s**t! :evil:

Thanks for posting the interview, Amy :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Thanks, Amy.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:03 am

Helen, my weight is more or less stable. So I guess it's a neutral diet. Took a long time to eat seitan (Satan), so it takes off weight. Bodies of Chrisp make me gain weight, because I eat too many. Pita is neutral, substitute for bread, and mine was wholegrain. Falafel is neutral too (chickpeas). Sole (soul) is good for losing weight. I think Breastplate with stones will be a bit on the heavy side, but after all it's Dinah revelation! :D

Essenes (S, N's) will be bad for weight, specially eaten with Bee Gee's honey (honey made by Bee Gee, one of my cousin's bees). Better eat them while dancing to the sound of Bee Gees (coming out a certain music boom box) ;-)

I'm preparing the Dig Menu, to be served on May 7th. Will show later!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:25 pm

We need pictures of the DIG Feast!!!!!!!! :D

Return to “Dig”