East Coast Blizzard

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

East Coast Blizzard

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 pm

I hope all of our East Coast Lost Girls are staying safe and warm during this storm. Take care!!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: East Coast Blizzard

Post by thunder » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:37 am

Yes, stay safe everyone.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:19 am

Some amazing pictures are on facebook. I have a lot of friends in that snow. Stay warm and safe my friends (and everyone else - including their pets!)

BrodieCaffee

Post by BrodieCaffee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:44 pm

The storm is coming to the UK too

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Yup! The jet stream will be working overtime. :uhoh

BrodieCaffee

Post by BrodieCaffee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Yup so I'll just watch my Jason DVDs and also DIG when it arrives too!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:14 am

30 inches of snow and no place to pile it up. Snow waist deep and my drive way is shoveled but the street is impassable. Small town cannot dig out fast enough Hoping for warmer temps to help (40 degree F). Mother Nature is not nice at times

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:23 pm

I was there for the 2010 version (statistical worst), but just as grateful to be gone for this go-round!
In Fairfax County (just outside DC), there's a lot of reliance on private contractors to plow snow (in lieu of investing a lot of tax money on expensive equipment that will typically sit idle at least 355 days a year). It can take days to get to smaller residential streets--heard from an old friend that a plow had finally appeared on his cul-de-sac, but it got stuck and had to be dragged out!
Even when the little streets get plowed, that often leaves a big crusty dike in front of individual cars. UGH!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Philadelphia survived. We had almost 2 feet, but the snow is all gone now. The 60 something degree weather and rain helped to melt the snow. I went for a walk to my neighborhood's park during the storm, and there were lots of folks out sledding and building snowmen. So we had quite the army of snowmen in the park! The biggest mystery of the weekend was the unexplained ladder standing in the snow in the park. I took quite a few pix while out and about. Mostly I used the enforced homebound-ness to work on some projects, test out the new space heater, and to watch a lot of netflix and the Man in the High Castle (excellent!). There are rumors that we might have some sort of snow next week, but ??

Return to “General Forum”