Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Post by Marie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:33 am

I love traveling by Rail also. When we bought a BritRail pass and rode it throughout the UK we got to talk to so many people on the train. It was a blast (talk about dating oneself!) :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:36 am

Hi everyone

Thanks to all for the encouragements and suggestions for Portugal's Comic Con.

Still no additional guests to the ones initially announced.
But I'll be booking for the weekend 10-11 December.

Antoni, you'd be very welcome to come here. Porto is a lovely town and I'm sure you'll find accomodation in convents there. There are many churches and religious institutions there.
Travelling by train may be a challenge. I know the tickets from Lisbon to Paris are rather expensive. But it is a possibility. We mostly travel by bus here in Portugal, although we have a fast train connection from Lisbon to Porto (lucky me, that's how I'll get there).

Marie, yes sightseeing is very tempting in Porto (or Oporto as the foreigners say). It's a beautiful town with some English influence. Did you know that JK Rowling taught for one year in Porto before she published her first Harry Potter? That's where she wrote the Mirror of Erised chapter. And some people say her inspiration for the Hogwarts stairs came from the Lello Bookshop there (see http://www.livrarialello.pt/en/). Also the food is magnificent in Porto. Jason will love it there!

Amy, I'd love to have you here at the Con. Wine is a speciallity of Porto. There is Port Wine (drank by all European aristocracy and all English middle class) and the Douro region vinyard, which is a world UNESCO classified site. Cruises on the Douro are extremely popular. People there are extremely nice and generous.

I'm certainly looking forward to the Comic Con, booking my hotel tomorrow and buying the ticket.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:12 pm

You had me at wine and European aristocracy. Sold! Putting Portugal on my Top Places To Visit list.
(But my passport died, unloved and empty. I'll try to nurture the next one better.)

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:36 am

OK, ticket bought and hotel booked! :woot

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:50 am

I can't wait to hear your stories!!!! That area sounds fantastic! Wine and good food and beautiful scenery.......... SIGH!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:16 pm

I've been to Portugal once, and loved it. Wanna go back and see different parts of it. Porto sounds great :D
Glad you got the tickets, Tosca. Remember to share the experience her, please...? :oops:

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:02 pm

thunder, can you find time to go to keep Tosca company? Jason will be happy to see both of you there.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:30 pm

I wish I could, but I can't take time off work... Flight connections to Portugal isn't very good in winter to begin with, and I only have Friday after work to Sunday night to get there and back. London, Berlin etc would have been possible, (even if stressful) because there are direct flights several times a day there, but not to Portugal... :-(

Some other time, maybe...

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 pm

My adventure is near the starting point.
Next Friday, I'll take the bus to Porto. My ticket is for the Weekend only.
And Jason will be in full mode on the 10th December. The program link is on my tweet
https://twitter.com/Ninitosca/status/806185305120378881

Lennie James is replacing David Bradley, more or less...
Won't be able to meet him as he will be awol during the Saturday.
But Katie Leung will be there doing a Harry Potter panel with JI

So I know I'll have 3 JI queues and the Harry Potter panel. Do we queue for that too?

JI is looking delicious in the latest photos in red carpets, etc.
Hope I don't become numb, mum, agog, when I get near him...

Preparation is including loads of JI voicing and movies/series. They mention Awake on his CV,
but we didn't have it on our TV screens I suppose. It's becoming my favorite work, the one I remember
most (together with Passionada, of course).

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:00 pm

In Sweden there were queues for everything... and a lot of people. But it worked pretty well. Just ask around. Be prepared to stand in line for a while. Bring something to do, or someone to talk to. Or talk to random people in the line, that works too :D

You're gonna be fine. I wasn't sure if I would be capable of talking to him, but it was surprisingly easy. Only time I went completely silent was after the hug, because that came straight out of the blue, and I wasn't prepared. And he disappeared before I could think of what to say. :hug :shock: :oops: :D
:lol

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Lennie James is one of Jason's best friends.

Best of luck Tosca - I've enjoyed all the conventions I've been to! Jason is gracious and kind! (Talented bugger too!)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Good luck, Tosca. Keep calm and enjoy yourself. Can't wait to hear about it.

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:24 am

Oh - if you ask him about Voice Over work (animation) he will laugh and say he doesn't remember anything. He just goes into a building with no windows and comes out when he is done. They don't get to "act" with other actors - they just read the scripts. He thought it was funny that they put him on the Star Wars panel for his work as the Inquisitor - he said if your expecting great stories about that - there is nothing to tell - just go in - record your lines - and that's it!

Also - he did not like Passionada very much at all. (Just warning you - he might roll his eyes if you say it's your favorite.) :roll:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:37 am

Tosca Nini wrote:My adventure is near the starting point.
Next Friday, I'll take the bus to Porto. My ticket is for the Weekend only.
And Jason will be in full mode on the 10th December. The program link is on my tweet
https://twitter.com/Ninitosca/status/806185305120378881
Tosca, who is the guy on the left of your twitter profile, just beside Kenneth Branagh?

I'm excited for you. Keep us informed.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi Everyone! Thanks to all for your good wishes and advice

Very excited here! Printing maps, timetables, all the stuff I'll need to guide myself to the Portugal Comic Con.
News in our media are now coming aplenty. It'll be the Thing of the Week, in terms of entertainment here.

Marie, thanks much for saying that Passionada is not his favorite. I'll keep that in mind!

Probably I'll talk about Awake, although I don't think there'll be photos for him to sign.

Have no idea if I can mention previous work, like Civvies, Capital City, Dangerous Lady. I loved him in these series!
Also I don't know if I can mention the DIG menu I made? Did he see it? Char, have you any idea if he found it silly, stupid,
or not?

The weather is going to be a bit cloudy, probably with a touch of rain, but not downpouring, as I feared a few days ago.

Hope they take Jason to see the Lello Library, as a Harry Potter actor who had his first scene in the movie in Flourish and
Blotts, he will feel a bit nostalgic.

fruitbat, the guy on the left of Ken Branagh is (shame on me!!!) Andrea Pirlo, Italian footballer star now playing at
New York City Football Club. He should be the second one, of my FabFour, but I wanted to keep
Ken Branagh's face visible. He is gorgeous, extremelly witty and (mind you) talented! World Cup Winner 2006!
Can't speak English properly at all, except with his feet...

Going now... Updates tomorrow or Friday. :D

Return to “Conventions”