Stockholm comic con

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Stockholm comic con

Post by thunder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Here it goes...

I went there both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday:
There was signing first, and I was pretty early in the line (#7 or 8, I think). Glad I wasn't first, so I had time to gather myself between seeing him for the first time and having to speak to him. He signed the photo I chosed, and we talked a bit about the forums. It was very easy to talk to him.
Then we got into the panel, which went pretty much like any other panel go. First he talked about general thing that people usually ask about, and then they opened for questions. I had thought out a complicated one, but people was rushing to get to the mic, and I thought I'll save it :mrgreen: There were mostly questions about Harry Potter.

Then we went to take photos with him, and he remembered me. :D

Sunday
We had thought about not going on Sunday, but the weather wasn't really inviting to outdoors activities in Stockholm on Sunday, so we went back to the con. I thought I could always get him to sign the photo with him and me, and my sister and I wanted a photo with him and the two of us together. So we went. Nothing better to do anyway.

I am so glad we went.

I went up to his table again, and his agent recognized me from the day before. And everything just turned completely absurd in a very good way. All of a sudden I realize Jason speaking my name (He knows my name! :shock: ), and he apologized from the day before, that he hadn't realized who I was. I was completely taken a back. But it was very nice, and I got an even longer talk with him and his agent than the day before. He signed the photo with him and me.

My sister and I went to get coffee (I've never needed a cup of coffee more in my life!) and I just sat there trying to remember everything we had talked about. Then we realized that the signing session was over, so we decided to get back into the artist area to get in line for the photo. As I walk into the area, Jason was about to take a break (I think) so he came walking towards me, and as he walked past me.... I got a hug. :shock: :oops: :D
We took a photo together with him but couldn't stay for his panel on Sunday, since we couldn't risk missing the plane.

So... am I glad we went back on Sunday! :woot :under

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Wonderful report, one of the best, FIRST JI encounter ever! But of course nobody deserves it more than you :hands

Jason told us before that 'there are fans but the Lost Girls will always be special to him'

Thank you, Jason :hug

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:43 am

I'm very happy for you.
It's really amazing that you finally had an opportunity to meet him and that he recognized you.
:hug

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:55 am

I'm so glad you went, Thunder. You'll always remember it.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:30 pm

If I ever get a new opportunity like this, I won't have any second thoughts. :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:05 pm

I know we've heard most of it all before but hearing it live at his panel always makes it better.
I also would like to see John Barrowman. He's hilarious and always put on a good show. He sings and dances. Last time we missed it at MegaCon. The room was full!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:01 am

Thanks Thunder for your report on meeting JI and the Stockholm comic con. :D

So happy you met him and he treated you in a special way. Including :hug

How long were you in the queues? For the autographed photo, and others?
Was it very crowded? Was he one of the main guests?

In one month exactly it'll be my turn. I hope he won't cancel...

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:55 am

Saturday was very crowded, especially in the middle of the day, but not so many people there on Sunday (but still a bit crowded).

There was a lot of time standing in line... between 30 - 60 minutes waiting each time (and signing, panel, photo - means about 2 hours standing in line on the same day). But it was quite effective once they started signing and taking photos, and you are waiting for "something good" anyway,. I didn't mind, I had my sister to talk to. Jason was the main "attraction" in this, so he had the longest lines as well.

Good luck on Portugal comic con, Tosca. You'll love it. The cons are an experience in themselves.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:20 am

Tosca Nini wrote:...

In one month exactly it'll be my turn. I hope he won't cancel...
The countdown begins. :D

Return to “Conventions”