FilmSpeak Interview (must see)

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

FilmSpeak Interview (must see)

Post by thunder » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:07 am

This had to get it's own topic. It's 1 hour and 45 minutes long, and I haven't even been able to watch it all yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3RzZTvc9Y

Jason being interviewes about "everything" :D

It's amazing so far, can't wait to see the rest. :wheee

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: FilmSpeak Interview (must see)

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:09 pm

One hour 45+ minutes!!! :yip That was fantastic. Heard old stories (never boring) and some new ones, too. I think he can talk endlessly on ANY subject. Thanks, thunder.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:35 am

I really enjoyed it. Emma is an amazing lady for vuluntary work she did during lockdown, that must have been very stressful and a great help to the local community. Would love to know what the movie is he turned down and become a massive success. I was reading the other day that Steve McQueen turned down The French Connection because he had done Bullitt and Close Encounters of the Third Kind because he felt he was not good enough for the lead role despite loving the script and Spielberg begging him to do it.
Jason seems to have a good grasp of his career and understands what he wants so good on him. I worry that great stories are not the basis of the industry who just wants to make big profits. Some of my favourite movies are flops (Bladerunner/ Citizen Kane) or little seen movies such as Dear Frankie or Grave of the Fireflies.

Thank you posting that link and Jason is such a natural chatterbox, lovely to spend time in his company so to speak.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 am

Jason turned down one of the lead roles in Armageddon to play in David Thewlis’ Divorcing Jack which he had already signed on to do. Armageddon was a big budget blockbuster with many A list stars. He did do a much smaller role in it (smartest man alive)! He would have gotten a huge Hollywood boost had he done one of the leading roles.

Also he has been asked to star in an amazing number of pilots for TV shows that he has turned down. Some of which went on to have long runs on TV. A lot of actors shrug their shoulders and say Oh well would have, should have, could have - can’t do anything about it now..... but I suspect many of them do think about what could have been!

It’s got to be very hard to schedule things when filming gets delayed - happens all the time. Jason is adamant that he will only select interesting scripts. But often times what is interesting to him - may not be what is most popular to viewing audiences. (Awake for example - I saw the pilot at SDCC and said right away - American audiences will be confused by this show - they will have to pay attention when most just want to be entertained!) The entertainment industry can be rough!

I can’t wait to listen to this!

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:59 am

Thanks for letting me know Marie. It is a great and interesting interview.

Return to “General Forum”