Jason to perform on stage ...

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:09 am

kjshd05 wrote:Luckily, we are all in Row B (thanx to the wonderful Char) so we wont have far to climb...I was doing the same thing, squinting to see what the heck LE was holding in his hand...LOL.
The man looks fab just lying on that cot, and its weird, but yu can make out the goatee... :shock: Thanx Bella for letting us know where your seat was...gosh ladies, we are practically going 2B 'OnStage"..LOL ;-)
I think I may allow myself just a little jealous **squeeeeeeee** at this point! Row B....(le gasp!) :twisted:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:01 am

We see the matinee performance on Saturday March 17th (10 of us I believe) and then the Eve performance on Monday March 19 (7 of us.) Then 4 of us (Char, Kaye P., Kate J. and myself) are going to see Wicked.

The posts from those so lucky to have seen it are really making me think that time does not advance.................... Feb is going to slow - when will it be March 15th?

And I do want to say that your review Bellatrix has been the most thoughtful and insightful of the ones I have read so far. It kind of reminded me of when I went to see Cabaret and the Master of Ceremonies was making fun of Jewish people - I was almost in tears I thought it was so sad - and yet most of the audience was laughing because they could only peel the onion back so far (or not at all) ................ they take the events unfolding at face value - not realizing that nearly all plays require some kind of analysis to get the full value of what the author was trying to say.

That being said I do hope that I can see past Jason's adorable facial hair and get the full value out of this story! Being to close to the stage may have it's drawbacks.........................

I only sat in the front row once (I tend not to like it because I've had two whiplash injuries and my neck gets stiff when I have to look up for long periods.) The downside to that was I actually had some of the actor's sweat hit me. I was a tad grossed out.

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:31 am

Marie wrote:We see the matinee performance on Saturday March 17th (10 of us I believe) and then the Eve performance on Monday March 19 (7 of us.) Then 4 of us (Char, Kaye P., Kate J. and myself) are going to see Wicked.
Hmmmm I wonder if I'll be able to pick up a ticket for any of those dates? I shall certainly try!
The posts from those so lucky to have seen it are really making me think that time does not advance.................... Feb is going to slow - when will it be March 15th?
I know, I know. Last week just dragged by for me! And then the play zoomed. Life is full of cruel irony. :-(
And I do want to say that your review Bellatrix has been the most thoughtful and insightful of the ones I have read so far.
Thank you, Marie. I'm so pleased my meagre scrawlings are appreciated. And that they may help others to fully appreciate things. I do believe that the more one understands, the greater the enjoyment one gets.
It kind of reminded me of when I went to see Cabaret and the Master of Ceremonies was making fun of Jewish people - I was almost in tears I thought it was so sad - and yet most of the audience was laughing because they could only peel the onion back so far (or not at all) ................ they take the events unfolding at face value - not realizing that nearly all plays require some kind of analysis to get the full value of what the author was trying to say.
I know, I know. There have been countless times I've been in theatres and cinemas where something utterly horrible or tragic has happened or been said and the audience find it amusing. I don't know if it is as you say, that they take things at face value or that it is the nervous giggling of those that don't understand. Possibly both. Or perhaps they are just horrible people!

I realise that with visual entertainment, it is not always imediately obvious what the artist's intent is but sometimes it is...to me anyway and I am increasingly mortified by the insensivity of the general populace. Granted, it doesn't tend to happen so much in theatre but it is still there.

Understanding work I have been privileged to see is one reason I find it useful to write reviews. Sometimes if there is something I've not quite 'got', sitting down and thinking about it so I can write really helps. And quite often, things come to light that I hadn't even been aware of noticing before! Like the title of this play. It wasn't until I was back at home the next evening that it suddenly hit me - "Of course, BOTH men were waiting around and both were a bit on the dim side". I love wordplay!

I think another reason I like to write reviews (even if nobody reads them!) is because having worked in theatre, I know the immense hard work on all levels that goes into productions, so in a way, writing down what the play (or whatever) meant for me, is my way of saying thank you to all concerned. It almost seems rude not to now! :mrgreen: Plus, I did a stint as a freelance journalist (although I reviewed mostly videogames!), so old habits die hard!
That being said I do hope that I can see past Jason's adorable facial hair and get the full value out of this story! Being to close to the stage may have it's drawbacks.........................
No honestly, trust me - you will see past the knee-wobbling gorgeousness and forget that he normally turns your spine to custard! I defy you to find anything attractive about that accent and the clothing! And let's not forget the overall dinge. (Jason, you may be lovely but a lady has to have standards!) LOL!
I only sat in the front row once (I tend not to like it because I've had two whiplash injuries and my neck gets stiff when I have to look up for long periods.) The downside to that was I actually had some of the actor's sweat hit me. I was a tad grossed out.
Ewwwww! How utterly horrid! I got splattered with goo a few times when sitting at the front for Circus of Horrors! I've also been presented with fake severed limbs due to being silly enough to risk being picked on in the front row! Last week I went to see Kings of Swing - front row seats, neck ache...and a perfect view up the singers' nostrils! I would not recommend it! However, at the Trafalgar, I don't think this will be a problem - I think you will be safe from Jason's nose hair et al!!! :brows

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:42 am

Euwwwwwe ... fake severed limbs ......! I think I'll stick to Cirque de Soleil - at least if you get picked out you just need to do harmless things like throw a ball with an oversized babyman clown! (OK so that was pretty wierd too!)

Let us know if you do manage to get tickets - since we will all be sharing a flat in town I know we will be getting together on Saturday after the play! (And needless to say we will be at the stage door after the performance!)

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:45 am

Marie wrote:Euwwwwwe ... fake severed limbs ......! I think I'll stick to Cirque de Soleil - at least if you get picked out you just need to do harmless things like throw a ball with an oversized babyman clown! (OK so that was pretty wierd too!)
Severed limbs I can do - clowns ick me out and give me the heebeegeebees! :-(
Let us know if you do manage to get tickets - since we will all be sharing a flat in town I know we will be getting together on Saturday after the play! (And needless to say we will be at the stage door after the performance!)
I certainly shall! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Moira

Post by Moira » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Judging from the photo, the set is eerily provacative. It makes me think of a documentary I once saw (mind blanking about its title) about people who live in the underground of New York. The florescent lights really add stark coldness.

I wish I could see this play, if only to wash away memories of bad productions of Pinter. **shudder**

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm

I've had this thought nagging at the back of my brain...
Since we are going to the matinee, which I think is lovely, what if Mr Jason doesnt leave the theatre, cause he has to be back there for the evening performance..Now, it's just a thought, or maybe he goes and grabs a bit of dinner before the evening performance...I would think he would be leaving, but maybe not to go home, just out and about?
What do you all think?

Moira

Post by Moira » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:29 pm

I think it depends on the actor and on the day. I know of one actor who sometimes takes naps in his dressing room between performances.

Perhaps there are people here who can tell you whether they saw JI after a matinee.

Britkay

Post by Britkay » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:52 am

KJ: I've just been reading an account of another fan on the UK board who went to a matinee when he didn't come out and then hung around for the eve performance! Jason did say when he came out after that, that if he'd known they were waiting he would've come out earlier! Bless him! :D

That was an early performance though and someone came out and told them the actors were still rehearsing between the matinee and eve show.

He WILL know you're all going to be there that day! Plus, don't forget you have the Mon night too!

Kay

xxx

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:22 am

Thanx Kay for letting him know we will be there...
We also have a week to go to the stage door whenever we choose..LOL.
I kinda thought he would stay around after a matinee...why go all the way home and then have to come back in such a short period of time..
Yes, I did hear him say that on the YouTube video. How unconsconable of him to keep people waiting for him. What a thoughtful man to his fans..
He doesnt know we'd stand there waiting in a blizzard to see him :shock: (it just might)....LOL

Marie

Post by Marie » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:54 am

Well remember also that the play has just started and they changed some things right before the Press viewing so the actors wanted more rehearsing. By the time we go - I can't see them needing anymore time - they will probably be sick of the play!!! :D

Britkay

Post by Britkay » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:10 pm

He would have quite a quick journey home by Tube KJ - and NO you can't follow him! :bat

Sorry - I wouldn't really hurt you...you know that! Just couldn't resist baseball bat smiley! LOL!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:56 pm

Hey, Bella/Kay ... you know when the dumb waiter comes crashing down? Did it make the audience jump?

kjshd05

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:58 am

My goodness webmum, R U getting violent? :shock: LOL
No worries, I would have no intentions to follow him..I would get lost!!
Forever wondering the london TUBE...LOL.
Marie, U R right, by the time we see the play, I dont think they will have to rehearse anymore...
I've never been on a subway or tube, so I have no idea how/where all that goes...

Ob$e$$ed

Post by Ob$e$$ed » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Britkay wrote:KJ: I've just been reading an account of another fan on the UK board who went to a matinee when he didn't come out and then hung around for the eve performance! Jason did say when he came out after that, that if he'd known they were waiting he would've come out earlier! Bless him! :D

That was an early performance though and someone came out and told them the actors were still rehearsing between the matinee and eve show.

Kay

xxx
That was me. :D
The person that came and told us was the Director, Harry Burton, who was lovely and kindly signed our programs for us.
I had such a great time and made some wonderful friends, I've already arrange to go see the play 3 times more before the run ends.
Photos and videos can be found here.
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/ ... %20Waiter/

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Seraphina426

Return to “General Forum”